Something I noticed during Winterizing my Volvo SX drive

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer
So, I'm working on winterizing my SX. There is a large ribbed hose that goes from the transom to the outdrive. It's hose clamped on each end.

When I was using the muffs to warm up the engine, I noticed water was coming out of the ends of this hose. I think the hose isn't really so much a hose, but works as a container for the hoses/cables from the transom to the outdrive.

Is water supposed to come out of this thing?

Confused in Princeton. ;)

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Something I noticed during Winterizing my Volvo SX drive

So, I'm working on winterizing my SX. There is a large ribbed hose that goes from the transom to the outdrive. It's hose clamped on each end.
Actually, there are 2 of those, commonly called bellows. One of them, (the larger top one) has the ujoints and drive shaft for the drive in it.
The lower one if for exhaust and water, and will have water in it.

I think the hose isn't really so much a hose, but works as a container for the hoses/cables from the transom to the outdrive.
The only hose is the one for the water, it's on the port side bellows and goes over the upper bellows to a fitting that goes through the transom shield.
The cable has it's own opening on the starboard side of the bellows.

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Something I noticed during Winterizing my Volvo SX drive

Ok, so water coming out of the ends of it while running is totally ok? Thanks Don!