Someone knows fersure. Sneezing and idle screw does little

cyclops222

Petty Officer 2nd Class
There is 1 OTHER possible cause of a erratic and difficult IDLE and just above IDLE speed.
A LOOSE Ignition Cam linkage setup. Have that checked out. Some people readhust EVERYTHING with a screw that turns easily.

arto13

Seaman Apprentice

mower .... outboards....carbs work the same... basically

some have needles some have jets some have air orifices but they all work the same... they pulll fuel from the fuel bowl via 2 circuits HS LS
πŸ‘understanding more. I have it apart. i cleared all passages-jets etc. I don't think there is constriction or blockage. BUT, i think the idle needle is not pointy enough.

arto13

Seaman Apprentice
There is 1 OTHER possible cause of a erratic and difficult IDLE and just above IDLE speed.
A LOOSE Ignition Cam linkage setup. Have that checked out. Some people readhust EVERYTHING with a screw that turns easily.
That has been my instinct... that the connections are a bit loose but, of course, i don't know.

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
needle packing is also important because any leakage of inbound air will serve to reduce the " pull" from the crankcase suction on the LS cct "

in the mean time since you suspect your needle is blunt, broken, whatever
you can always try your best to "sharpen it to a real pointy needle being carefull to center the new point.

nothing to loose till you find a good needle.... if that is your problem .

saltchuckmatt

Lieutenant Commander
Crosbyman, your right.

Tell them the best, easiest explanation and they won't believe you. Tell them some elaborate story about how the moon and the earth have to line up and it's like hook, line and sinker.

Over and over "The Cros, Race and the rest of the older Wiseman" tell the best answer and no one believes them.

Fascinating really.

They all seem to think that it's some kind of conspiracy. So I say if you can't fight them... join them. What I'm thinking is, when do we go after the world banking system.

I'm poor!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

arto13

Seaman Apprentice
needle packing is also important because any leakage of inbound air will serve to reduce the " pull" from the crankcase suction on the LS cct "

in the mean time since you suspect your needle is blunt, broken, whatever
you can always try your best to "sharpen it to a real pointy needle being carefull to center the new point.

nothing to loose till you find a good needle.... if that is your problem .
was thinking about that. I also thought about bringing it to a machine shop and have them cut a new tip by shaving/cutting a new cone shape back 1 millimeter so theres a sharp tip and exactly the same shape.

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
was thinking about that. I also thought about bringing it to a machine shop and have them cut a new tip by shaving/cutting a new cone shape back 1 millimeter so theres a sharp tip and exactly the same shape.
well you could try it ... bring them a print of what hey look like new

cyclops222

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Should not need a print. Should understand the tip was snapped off. And just needs to cut away material at the ....SAME ANGLE .. With a pointed tip and touch up the threads. If needed. Simple machining job.
Print these as the instructions. πŸ‘

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
or...carefull spinning the needle in a drill at home on 200 grit paper should sharpen it up.

arto13

Seaman Apprentice
GREAT NEWS!!!! she's fixed... in a garbage can. I'll have to test out on water.
what did i do? i, again, cleared all passages BUT i also changed the round aluminum channel caps. Maybe that helped the vacuum seals??πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Also, I made sure the link n sync was just right.
Also, i barely sharpened the idle needle tip.
I don't know exactly what hapened but she does not snort anymore!!! hopefully shes happy when i put a little throttle on the water🀞

Thanks for all the help. It helped me stay motivated... and i learned a lot too.
Until we meet again....πŸ‘πŸŽ£πŸŽ£πŸŽ£πŸŽ£πŸŽ£