Softball Fans, Texas Style!!

Kiwi Phil

Commander
One of our TV Networks Nightly News Shows (9) puts on an unusual/stupid/amusing/etc item right at then end.<br />Tonights item covered in detail a Baseball Fan from Texas, USA,(looked a real mongrel too) beating a 4yr old by pouncing on/over him to get a ball that had been smacked in-to the crowd.<br />We got the American commentators comentary, which was overlaid by our own presenter, telling us the team had presented the wee kid with a bat and ball. Goodness, there are some grubs in society, isn't there?.<br />The mongrel seemed pleased with himself too.<br /><br />But what about last week. Another gem. A duck-head with an amoured bulldozer flattening his community. Last we heard was he was stuck in a hardware store. <br />What was the out come. Hope the fuzz doused the place with petrol and bar-b-q'ed the dork.<br />We may not agree with everything our local authorities do, but that's no reason to destroy our community.<br />I pray to god you don't get news coverage of the stupid/senceless things some of our mongrels do. That would be soooo embarrasing, because believe me fellas, we got more than our our fair share.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

crab bait

Captain
Re: Softball Fans, Texas Style!!

yeah,, we're an open book..<br /><br />but that baseball fiasco,, you don't understand... you gotta get that prized suvinear ball at any or all cost..!!<br /><br />we're programmed at childhood to do so..<br />it's like gettin' your hands on the holy grail..

gaugeguy

Captain

I would step on my grandmothers face (and before you judge me, she would expect me to. And worse, she would step on her great grandchilds face) to get a ball. I caught a Mark McGuire home run at Fenway Park when he was playing for Oakland. Luckily I made a clean catch and didn't have to fight off any ankle biting, crumb snatching, carpet crawlers to get it ;) <br /><br />That's nothing though. How many kids do you think would be killed in a football (soccer) match in England over a soccerball kicked into the stands by Beckham?

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey Phil, we got that lot over here as well!<br />I reckon we're safer at a match down here!<br />Ross

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That poor guy got a very bad rap.<br /><br />He did not take the ball away from the kid, he did not lunge over the kid to get the ball.<br /><br />He was a row behind and lost his balance when he went for the ball. He fell over the row of seats in front of him and jostled the kid. That's it.<br /><br />Nice of the ball players to give the kid stuff, but really stupid to accuse the fan of robbing the kid. There was no way in hell the kid could have gotten the ball.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

The dozer guy ened up shooting himself after he ran out of fuel. He had wrote notes and lrft them behind talking about how ignorant the authorities are. He said they were stupid because he had been working on the dozers top for over a year and they had seen it and didn't figure it out. <br /><br /> EDIT: I removed this part out of respect for a fellow Iboater who just so happens to be a mod also.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

I don't care how normal some of you think that stunt is...it ain't right I tells ya, it just aint right... :cool:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

"Video shows Nick was standing up as the man dived across the boy's seat to grab the ball at Nick's feet. The man's leg strikes the boy, and the boy is jostled a second time as the man stands up with the ball and appears to exchange words with the mother."<br /><br />I can understand the guy falling over and accidentally pushing the kid, and even grabbing the ball.<br /><br />But the guy should have given the ball to the kid. It was the only thing to do.<br /><br />"The man who took the foul ball has not responded publicly to the criticism, but The Dallas Morning News identified him as Matt Starr, a married, 28-year-old landscaper and former youth minister."<br /><br /> :eek: A youth minister that wouldnt give up a worthless foul ball to a kid. :eek: <br /><br />Ken

JB

Mea culpa. :eek: <br /><br />Sorry, 'bout that guys.

ob

Admiral

Other less colorful options:<br /><br />no way.........Jose<br />no way.........in the month of May<br />no way.........mayonaise<br />no way.........parkay <br /> ;) <br /><br />I think the guy should have given the kid the ball.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

I understand the reflex of going for the ball,<br />may have even done the same Myself?<br />of course, most of us would end up handing the kid<br />the ball in the end probably...<br />but then it would never have made the (bad) news ;) <br />why don't we ever see the "good" footage of the<br />kid getting handed a ball? doesn't it happen most<br />of the time in these siuations?<br />confused here...<br />M.Y.<br /><br />P.S. JB, gotta watch where yur walking in the cow<br />pasture! LOL<br /><br />P.S.S. it's "baseball" not softball MY good kiwi :p

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

New reporter at newspaper/TV, "Boss, I have good news"<br /><br />Editor at newspaper/TV, "Then you dont have a story"<br /><br />Ken

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

MY and Ken is officially starting GNN...<br />(good news network)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Well MY and Ken, it will be a short lived network then. :D

grandx

Petty Officer 1st Class

Read the story this morning and went to post here, saw I was beat to it... Just shows you there are some real "strange" people out there.<br /><br />JB - I must disagree about the kid's chances of getting that ball... That fool could have handed it to him, after appologizing for "falling" into the kid's seat... Bad rap???<br /><br />I have a 4 year old boy myself, if this were to happen to him with me sitting next to him... there would have been a heap more to the news coverage.

JB

Well. I guess others saw something different than I did. <br /><br />I was watching the game. I saw a man reach up to catch the ball, lose his balance and fall over the row in front of him. I did not see the boy try to get the ball. He was jostled by the man's leg as he tried to escape the woman (boy's mom) attacking him as he lay tangled in the seats.<br /><br />The man did not take the ball away from the boy, he did not dive over the seat to grab the ball at the boy's feet. He is the victim of lynch mob mentality.<br /><br />Most true Texans would have immediately looked around for a child to give the ball to. This guy didn't. That is his perogative, but not a gentleman's way.<br /><br />Were I he, I would consider a suit. . . .just to clear my name.<br /><br />Again, my apologies for my too strong language.

gaugeguy

Captain

I need to take my sons to Astros and Rangers games if Texans hand over foul balls to kids. I've only been to Fenway, Yankee Stadium and the old Jack Murphy stadium in S.D. to see games.<br /><br />It is a mob scene when the ball comes into the stands. Just recently the fans at Fenway have started throwing opponents home run balls back onto the field.<br /><br />A ball boy did hand my son a ball when he was 5, but those were exceptional seats. Usually we sit down around the right field fair pole, and that is every man for himself down there.<br /><br />And you are right JB, no way a 4 year old is gonna make a play on a ball. The boy should have thanked the guy for saving him from a nasty bruise.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

hey JB, actually being the one who "got" the ball<br />is not what this is all about buddy...<br />did you see "dumbass'" reaction when thousands of<br />fans boo'ed his sorry behind?