So mad at VP right now!

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer
So I bought a new/leftover 08 Monterey 180FS with the 4.3GL/SX setup. Had a hesitation on acceleration from the day I bought it.

Was told initially that it might just be something that needed to break in. Give it a season.

Then I was told winterize and get it fixed in the Spring.

Now I took it in and Volvo is denying the warranty claim, because it's fuel based. The shop says it needs a carb rebuild. They'll do the work for the $64 kit and a few hours of labor.

I cannot believe that neither the company that sold me the boat or VP are standing behind their product.

If I could kill someone right now...man...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: So mad at VP right now!

Did you actually talk to Volvo, or did your dealer say he talked to Volvo. As I recall, the standard warranty is for 2 years from the date of purchace, and from what you are saying, you have only had it for a year.
Did you ever receive a warranty card from Volvo? If not, I bet the dealer forgot to send it in.

Bondo

Staff member

Did you ever receive a warranty card from Volvo? If not, I bet the dealer forgot to send it in.

Ayuh,... Sounds like ya might be Barking up the wrong tree....

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Gotta watch out for the dealers.My buddy bought a new Harley.Paid the $500 extended waranty.
Something went wrong and he contacted Harley and they said he didn't have any coverage.
The dealer put the $500 in his pocket.
Turns out he did that to a lot of people.J

Joshua Nichols

Lieutenant

Was told initially that it might just be something that needed to break in. Give it a season

That called baffle em with B.S.

I have never owned a brand new boat or even a left over brand new boat.. I do know if I was able to purchase one and it didn't run right on day 1.. On day 2 they would be fixing it...