So glad I live where I do!

LubeDude

Admiral
Liberal or not, It is soooo beautiful here! I just had to go on some errands, I came out of the NAPA store and the air was so clean and clear you can see forever. The breeze off the Pacific is constantly giving us fresh air, no smog and the air smells of pine. Its about 60 out right now. Yes, it rains, but Ive never had to shovel any of it yet, and I have rain gear. Guess Ill be staying.

brother chris

Commander
Re: So glad I live where I do!

Ahhhhh.....the west coast. <br />Got to love it!<br />I know what you mean about the rain. We have lots of it, but the scenery and surroundings make it much more enjoyable and livable. <br />I'm going boating next week, rain or not. It's never that cold here to NOT go boating.<br />Only thing that stops me from going boating is the frost on the boat ramp.

dolluper

Captain

Quit gloudting we got another dump of snow 4 months to go

Dunaruna

Admiral

Not a bad view from your front door either!!

Link

Rear Admiral

It's the only time us West coast boys can gloat!<br /><br />Spring everyone is getting excited about the changing weather and looking forward to boating<br /><br />We got Rain<br /><br />Summer everyone is telling stories of hot summer days sun bathing on the beach and fishing<br /><br />We got Rain<br /><br />Fall everyone is talking about the changing weather and the fall hunting<br /><br />We got Rain<br /><br />Winter everyone is getting short tempered on iboats, shoveling white stuff and slipping on ice.<br /><br />We got Rain!<br />But we are still boating and fishing like we do the rest of the year! :D :D :D <br /><br />Good reminder LubDude<br />Brother Chris good idea.<br /><br />Think I'm going to email my fishing partner to see if he wants to do some Bass fishing Saturday afternoon and evening.<br /><br />Ahhh the beauty of a Bass hitting a surface lure in the moon light! SPLASH!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

All you northern folks need to know something. It aint the snow or lack of it. It's what the snow lands on.<br />It used to be nice here...Pristine. The everglades were a place a young man could go to escape Miami's urban everything. Miles and miles of....swamp. Grass. Wet.Gators. and quiet.<br />Now, it's still there, but Miami has now enveloped it! Sure, they do not CALL it "Miami", but there is no line drawn on the ground, so how are we to know? My address is "Lehigh Acres", clear on the other side of the state. But to a born/raised Miami-ite, this is "home", (Miami).<br />Count your blessings the next time you're snowed-into your driveway this time of year. Because I'm here to tell ya, I-75 traffic thru the everglades resaembles HELL more and more, the closer we get to Christmas.

NYMINUTE

Captain

35.gif
<br /> Hey, what is that shaking, do you hear that rumble. Must be a train...No wait, low flying plane??? Is that sound of glass breaking? Where did that crack in the wall come from... Wow a skylight. and I hope this NEVER happens to you. <br />Couldn't resist.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There must be benefits to anywhere. If there weren't, people would not live there at all.<br /><br />There must be benefits to living in a northern big city (over 2,000 population). I am glad so many people appreciate those benefits and choose to live there instead of here. :D

spratt

Lieutenant

NY, the next thing that appears on the skyline COULD be the ash from the mountain regurgitating down the street! Yep. folks came from all over just to see ol' St. Helen spitting and shaking!!!<br /><br />I look out in the morning, and see the Cascade mountains to the East, and teh Olympic Mountains to the West...and when it snows the first time each year, the beauty is incomparable!!!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by spratt:<br /> NY, the next thing that appears on the skyline COULD be the ash from the mountain regurgitating down the street! Yep. folks came from all over just to see ol' St. Helen spitting and shaking!!!<br /><br />I look out in the morning, and see the Cascade mountains to the East, and teh Olympic Mountains to the West...and when it snows the first time each year, the beauty is incomparable!!!
I lived in southern New Hampshire (Suncook) near Manchester for 7 years. It could be considered the same as the Northwest, only the Sunrise Side. What a beautiful place to live in the 70's. I can appreciate the experience. Indiana is very flat both geographically and weather wise. 6 years, 9 months and 10 days until I can retire, and I am outta here to SW Michigan or the Sunset Side over Lake Michigan. Yes it snows, but that is part of its attraction. :)

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Rather live in Washington and smell Oregon, than Ca or AZ and smell Mexico (no offense to my Mexican friends)..anyway...<br />Has anyone ever done the Sunshine Coast, the San Juans, the miles and miles of natural shoreline in Puget Sound with hard to see (affordable) houses tucked in there? Look at a map. See all that PROTECTED water in Puget Sound? Do you like to boat? Nuff said........<br />And that first ride to Paradise on Mt. Rainier in the spring when the road opens is simply breathtaking. Heres a pic of a ride to Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic Mountains last fall...all in a days ride. Did I mention the ocean a hour away, 3 National parks, a winter place in the "Keys"? (WAIT, how did THAT get in there?)<br />
RobbyHurricaneRidgeem.jpg

spratt

Lieutenant

Robby, keep that up and there won't BE anymore open land for us to enjoy!!!!! Don't forget folks, there are tons and tons of slugs, way too much scotchbroom and ragweeds, pollen is awful, there are volcanoes and earthquakes, we are close to Canada, close to Oregon, and not tto far from California...what could be worse!!! STAY AWAY!!!!! And did I mention the continuous rain that never lets up, folks here RUST instead of tanning, most have webbed feet, white pasty skin, nothing to drink but coffee...it ain't right folks should have to live in such conditions as the N'west!!!!! Also, don't even THINK of swimming in these frigid waters...all that ice melting off the mountains and making rivers that are icecold and...well, nuff said...no more touorists here :D :D NY, you would HATE it here...

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

and if your nose needs a refresher just go to "tacoma"<br /><br />I still remember seeing a colume of clouds doing 100 miles an hour going somewhere while i was on I5. never did see much rain though, and by the way nj gets more rain just less rain day's

P.V.

Chief Petty Officer

When the "west side" falls into the sea with the next big eartquake, I'll have oceanfront property here in the Columbia Basin (Central Washington). Home of bass, walleye, sunshine, low humidity, and all those "206'ers" leaving to move over here!!

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by P.V.:<br /> and all those "206'ers" leaving to move over here!!
So thats what ya call them over there! Thats funny....hope ya got room for some 360'ers once in a while...just visiting for some sun and drying out of course

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br />
35.gif
<br /> Hey, what is that shaking, do you hear that rumble. Must be a train...No wait, low flying plane??? Is that sound of glass breaking? Where did that crack in the wall come from... Wow a skylight. and I hope this NEVER happens to you. <br />Couldn't resist.
Now that is what us Florida Crackers call "The Northern Lights", as they fly over our homes at night, clipping the tips off our 40meter ham radio antennas.