So-called friends. . . . . rant

11 footer

Lieutenant
I'm still kinda steamed about what happened to me earlier tonight.<br /><br />I spend all day driving with a friend to Maine, we cut in half a 57chevy and take rear end home, no problem. Left at 6:30 AM and after driving all day, an hour of work and driving home I'm done. He is a real good friend of mine and would do it for me.<br /><br />I get home, tired and dirty, don't feel like going anywhere, but have plans, so I shower get all cleaned up and go pick up a girl I just met. She's a very clean girl, catholic schooling, strict parents, no drinking, drugs, sex nothing, an untouched beautiful very nice girl who's been pretty much protected her whole life, not an easy girl for me to find.<br /><br />I'm in my truck with her for three minuets after picking her up and I get a call from a friend, (not the one with the 57) This kid is blasted off his feet, don't know how long he'd been drinking but he sure sounded mess on the phone. He's in a Wendy's parking lot, he says. So I book it to Wendy's and find him, He's a complete mess, he can hardly stand up. The best part is he's convinced he's just fine and should be able to drive is Camaro home. So the girl I'm with watched me have to struggle with him, pull him out of the car, hold him down and take his keys, then she has to do with me to drive him home, VERY embarrassing. <br /><br />I was (still am) pissed. I don't mind helping and looking out for a friend, but I was really trying to make a good expression on this girl. Here I am trying me come off as mature and grown up and I ended up having to take her home early, so I can pick up another friend, to drive the Camaro home. It was like a shock for her, I don’t think she’ ever seen anyone get like that. I'm don't know if I'll ever get her out again after tonight's scene.<br /><br />I really hope when my friend sleeps it off he's grateful, because I'm going to be sure to tell him what he caused.<br /><br />I'm just real pissed about it and needed to rant, :mad: :mad: thanks for lisening :p

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
Re: So-called friends. . . . . rant

Ryan,<br /><br />I have not been a big fan of yours, your attitude, typing, etc. and really couldn't stand your posts...<br /><br />...however.....what you did was EXTREMELY mature. You helped a friend home who needed you. You don't realize that you might have saved many lives. If she can't accept that you kept a friend from doing harm (even though he did something really stupid), she's not the one!<br /><br />Hats off to you young man!

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hopefully this girl sees you a better person for helping out your friend. As for your friend, tell him was an A$$ he made himself and should appreciate your help.<br /><br />Good luck with the girl. Ask her out again. She might just go out with you.

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

If she is as straight and narrow as you say, Hopefully she looks at what you did as being very admirable and you never know it could actually work out in your favor with some brownie points.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

What was it Billy Joel said about...never mind...<br /><br />Who knows how many lives you saved, good work.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Ahhh the good ole days..... Been in a similar situation as this when I was 16, did the same thing as you, cept I followed the guy home after he sobered up a few hours.<br /><br />Just explain it to the girl, and if she doesnt understand, forget about it.<br /><br />Hope you got some pics of your friend in comprimising positions. Those can come in handy at a later date. :D <br /><br />Ken

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

ahhhhh Ken......you've got them same emails as I have....I never could get that drunk where my friends could take "special" pictures of me :D

4poco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You may have saved your friends life and possibly others.... and your mad,inconvienced, WOW, I thought friends look out for each other even if they make an a** of themselves.You did a good thing, She will understand............. :cool:

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

My wife was like that when I met her too, way back in the (well I don't want to mention how far back that was..huh huh) Anyway, she was always impressed when it came to helping friends out. Actually, I think it impressed her parents more than her sometimes, but she thought it was nice to help out folks when they needed it, even if they were drunk. Now when it came to someone on drugs, even I did not care to do anything for them. Good Luck...

4poco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by Stumpys:<br />Now when it came to someone on drugs, even I did not care to do anything for them.
Isn't alcohol a drug when you use it to get drunk? Just because its legal,dont see any diff. :rolleyes:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ryan, that is what's called having someone's back little buddy.<br />Don't sweat the small stuff and Just keep on keeping on.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Ryan this is a heads up buddy. If your drunken friend depends on you to bail him out each time, he is not learning anything. I had a friend that is still that way and he is in his 40's now. Last winter I made an attempt to make a peace offereing by taking him a load of firewood. Told him if he needed anything to call me. It was sad because all he wanted me for was to take him to get his crack/booze. I refused again and according to him I'm the bad guy. If I'm the bad one then so beit.<br /><br />Helping a friend out like that once in awhile is a great deed. If it happens all the time, then you become an accessory to his needs. This is not good. As you found out with having the girlfriend with you. You have a life as well to live. <br /><br />Good Luck Ryan

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You did the right thing, Ryan, and I'll bet your ladyfriend was very impressed with your loyalty to your friend. :)

LadyFish

Admiral

Ryan, I'd say you probably impressed the heck outta her by aiding a friend in need.<br /><br />Good job !!! :)

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

You did a good thing. Be sure to tell this buddy of your if he does this again and calls you, it will be the police who come for him, not you. If this is a pattern for him he needs the type of help you can't give him. He had his chance. Let the pros handle it from now on.

20/20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If the girl is worth having then she'll look at it like you made a right and possibly life saving choice. If she can't see that you helped someone {possibly many} from getting hurt, then she is probably stuck on herself and isn't worth the time of day. <br /> <br />As to your friend, a little trip out to the wood shed wouldn't hurt. Knock him upside the head with a 2by4 just to get his attention then give him a good ole fashion arse whoopin. I highly doubt he was served the alcohol while at wendys, so that means he probably drove while drinking. What would have happened if you had been driving by with your date and he decided to drive at the same time??????????

oddjob

Commander

Good job Ryan...what Mark 42 said....innocent bystanders always get pulled into the misery others create..The girl should be impressed..

D

DJ

Ryan, my hat's off to you. You did the right thing-no doubt. <br /><br />You also taught that girl a lesson. It may be easier for her now to remain an upstanding young adult after seeing what those things can do to somebody.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Ryan,<br /> Followed some of your other threads, your age shows. Ya did the right thing. Not nessasearly a reflection on your maturity, but does show good judgment. Your young, (no matter what ya think) you have a lot of learning and life ahead of you. Life isn’t fair, get use to it. If you never find yourself in your "so called friends shoes" your better than most. If ya do just hope ya can call a "so called friend" and their there to bail ya out. Good judgment is generally a reflection of good character, but also comes with experience. Just remember as the saying goes: Good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from poor judgment. Live and learn. As for the young lady, she has seen how ya help your friends. Should score ya some points.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Ryan T.:<br /> She's a very clean girl, catholic schooling, strict parents, no drinking, drugs, sex nothing, an untouched beautiful very nice girl who's been pretty much protected her whole life...<br />
Boy, if your friend hadn't called, I'll bet that would have been a fun date.