FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1984 Johnson 115 outboard. The boat excelerates very slowly and does not have the speed it once had (I'd say 5 to 7 mph slower). Any clues what may be causing it?
After you check compression: It may not be firing on all 4 cyls. Water in the fuel. Restriction in the carb fuel passages. Weak fuel pump. It's either a fuel or spark issue. Easy/simple to check spark first.
After compression test, I would check for a waterlogged boat. If the boat is moored,or left uncovered, and has a floor, the foam may be full of water. Its something I find up here where boats seem to last for ever.