Sloopy's adventure with women (pg13 :D)

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Sloopy's adventure with women (pg13 :D)

Sloopy, chase 'em all and just be serious about the things that count. You'll have plenty of time to settle down later. Enjoy your youth, it goes by fast, trust me on that. <br /><br />LOL at Crabby.

gaugeguy

Captain

Reminds me of a story...<br /><br />A father bull and his son were up on a hill. The younger bull says "hey Dad, lets run down there and have fun with one of those cows. The older bull says "no Son, lets walk down there and have fun with all of those cows."<br /><br />Lifes too short for those kind of games Sloopster, enjoy yourself and your SINGLE life. Play by YOUR rules. Enjoy all of the cows, the right heffer will come along eventually ;)

Realgun

Commander

Reminds me of a story...<br /><br />A father bull and his son were up on a hill. The younger bull says "hey Dad, lets run down there and have fun with one of those cows. The older bull says "no Son, lets walk down there and have fun with all of those cows."<br /><br />Lifes too short for those kind of games Sloopster, enjoy yourself and your SINGLE life. Play by YOUR rules. Enjoy all of the cows, the right heffer will come along eventually
Isn't there a story of" if the milks free why buy the cow?"

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Sloopy. First question: Are you related to Jimmy from that Seinfeld episode by any chance? JK.<br /><br />Don't sweat Laura and Cliff; they are a couple of bugs on the sidewalk of your life. Step on them and keep walking. You'll be just fine and one day you will look back and laugh at what a couple of knuckleheads they were to put you through this BS.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

You're right to stay well away. Laura sounds like a habitual victim to me-if you ain't got it in you to beat her the way she seems to expect then stay well away because she'll only go off with a guy who WILL beat her-Cliff or no Cliff.<br /><br />Ignore it, seek restraining orders against BOTH of them(If Laura can't come near you then Cliff can't kick off either)and go out and play the field to echo the advice of the other guys.<br /><br />Life's too damn short not to have fun.

SoulWinner

Commander

You got played dude. We all have. It sucks. From now on, everytime this guy Cliff screws with you, call the cops. Carry a micro recorder and get his threats recorded.

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm jealous as heck of you getting your PPL.<br /><br />I'm convinced that flying (or as I would call it being an R/C modeler - full scale aviation) is a hobby / sport for millionaires. You're lucky!<br /><br />For now I will continue to fly my model planes and teach others to do so as well. Been flying them for 16 years and instructing others 11 years. <br /><br />Was flying a buds Diamond Dust last summer, it has been clocked at 140 mph. He was standing behind me shouting "lower" "lower". I got in a 2 foot high pass at close to 140. That's how I enjoy aviation, or since this originates on a boating site, flying my RC floatplane for hours out on the lake having the boats line up to watch. That's fun!<br /><br />Jeff

sloopy

Commander

Thanks all, I would still like to hear what J.B has to say about all of this.

P.V.

Chief Petty Officer

Yhe sooner you realize that there's alot more "fish in the sea", you can put people like that, wayyyyyyyyyy behind you!!Soon they'll be a faded memory and then you'll laugh and wonder why you even let them into your life. Who needs the hassle???

PW2

Commander

Girls are like busses. miss one, and its no big deal. There'll be another one along shortly.

SoulWinner

Commander

Sloopy,<br /><br />This thing has been stuck in my mind. I was thinking, "What did this girl have to gain by all this?" You know, what was she after, what was her motive? I think I figured it out. I think she is and was really wrapped up in Cliff, but didn't like the way he treated her. So how could she manipulate the situation to her advantage and make him appreciate her more? Well, whether that was her motive or not, that seems to be the outcome, and the fact that she kept going back to him and the scene at her place on moving day really seems to support my theory. Jealousy is a powerful thing. <br /><br />That being said, it looks like she just used you in order to get what she wanted. Well, get used to that, because most of the interactions you will have in your life will be because you or the other person wants something. Not that they will all be as predatory and self serving as this girl. She sounds like she is just bit psycho, but hey, every chick I ever met had little psycho in her (LOL).<br /><br />Suffice it to say that this episode is mostly over, and you have hopefully learned some valuable lessons. Take what you have learned and continue to the bigger and better man here. But I think that you have been too big a man when dealing with Cliff. You should have filed police reports each time he threatened you. You never know when an empty threat will materialize into a gun in face, so it's prudent to CYOA and let the cops know whats going on, this way they will have a "heads up" in case he does really twist off and do something stupid. Think about it, the trashier people are, the less they have to lose, and MORE they have to prove. Remember that. That little piece of knowledge has proved invaluable to me on more than one occasion.<br /><br />Anyway, you are doing two things that I would so dearly love to do. You SAIL and you are learning to fly (I did take a couple of lessons). You obviously have a much better life waiting for you than these wackos. Let them stew in their misery because it will kill them every time you accomplish something with your life. I wish you peace dude. And just between us, you are a better man than I am.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> And just between us, you are a better man than I am.
Yeah SW, that may or may not be true but you have one of the best avatars on iboats. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Write her off, Sloopy, and that jerk Cliff, too.<br /><br />Lesson learned, Not fun but educational.<br /><br />Move on with your life. :)

deeepdiver1

Recruit

Sloopy,<br />You and Cliff got used by that girl. She used you to make Cliff realize that he might lose her so he worked harder at getting her back by being pathetic. His following the two of you around and his desparate acts of crying and threats made him look weak and vulnerable to her. That thrilled her to see him feeling that way after he abused her so many times. <br />The two of them are in a dysfunctional relationship where they feed on each other's weakness's. It's sad to say but, she will always be attached to a Cliff and never respect someone nice like you.<br />You have to realise that beyond the lure of her looks or vulnerablity it an empty and very unattractive soul. You shouldn't waste your time in a circle with Laura and Cliff. Neither of them will do anything do make you feel better.<br />Call this a life lesson and move on...<br />Some girls are great and some are not...There's Cliff's and there's Sloopy's.. <br />Good Luck from a guy who saw too many pretty faces and took a long time before I started seeing what was behind them.

sloopy

Commander

Thanks Guys..<br /><br />"the trashier people are, the less they have to lose, and MORE they have to prove."<br />so true<br /><br />Thanks