Sleekcraft Boats Info

kenaroo

Cadet
Hi: just wanted to get things going here.

Background:

Sleekcraft boats was started by Bruce Nescher in late added the identifying phrase "Boats by Nescher" on plaques affixed to the boat and in much of its advertising.

Bruce Nescher had a dream. He wanted to build a sleek looking, fast moving, quality boat that could be used on the inland water-ways and the ocean. This dream quickly grew into what most people remember as one of the premiere pleasure and racing boat manufacturer in the United States.

The Sleekcraft venture succeeded. Expenditures for promotion increased from $6,800 in 1970 to $126,000 in 1974. Gross sales rose from $331,000 in 1970 to over $6,000,000 in 1975.

After selling the boat company. He then moved to Lake Havasu City where he began building Conquest Boats in the late 1980's.

Bruce Past away in 2000, but his great boats designs live on.

Feel free to ad more info on Bruce and his Sleekcraft boats.

FuriousGeorge

Recruit
Re: Sleekcraft Boats Info

I'll try to post some pics of the restore I'm doing this spring on a '76 Jr. Executive.

Attachments

• 600X267.jpg
    600X267.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 0

blues

Seaman

I was told by sleekcraft of havasu,.,.,. ( where I found my 1979 sleekcraft)
that they bought the sleekcraft company in around 1994?
and they got 2 hull molds,. that were in bad shape,.so,, all they wanted was the name,. sleek craft?

but,.,. they also said,,. they can make a special order 1970`s type sleekcraft on special order,.

kenaroo

Cadet

I was told by sleekcraft of havasu,.,.,. ( where I found my 1979 sleekcraft)
that they bought the sleekcraft company in around 1994?
and they got 2 hull molds,. that were in bad shape,.so,, all they wanted was the name,. sleek craft?

but,.,. they also said,,. they can make a special order 1970`s type sleekcraft on special order,.

Now that's cool.. but my 82 is still in good shape..

I lived in Havasu between 86' and 92' I love that place!!

DMRH

Recruit

G'day from down under in the land of Oz.

Just wanted to add that I am the Serendipitous owner of an Ambassadoor. Having owned the boat with no name for many months. Even the previous owner didn't know, but the great guys at iboats forum have discovered the name of my machine & I am wrapped to finally learn.......:D

Have noticed some Ambassadoors have large plexiglass windows but mine doesn't. Guessing these oversized windows where an optional extra..?

dmrhboat1a.jpg

blues

Seaman

the sleekcraft in oz,.
is it running?
do you know any of that boats history?

havasuboatman

Ensign

Sleekcraft boats are still being built in Lake Havasu City. North American Sleekcraft also builds Magic Power Boats and is owned by Ron Moyes. They are probably the biggest of the 7 boat manufacturers in Lake Havasu City, AZ.
Their options lists are so varied that every boat they produce is custom built. Having been one of their Certified rigger/installers, I have first hand knowelege in that reguard.

quadragin

Cadet

I have a '79 ambasator, and in need of some body parts, Like; plexiglass windshield, I have the windows in the top of the mid cabin I need the plexi and the frame that goes around them.

Since Sleekcraft has closed their doors, does anyone know where I can get parts?

Attachments

• P1020096.jpg
    P1020096.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0

blues

Seaman

yes,. as I was saying, west marine , over on industrial blvd.
there is an older guy , that works there,. he made a new windshield for my 1979 sleek, came with all new hardware, and a gasket,.
excellent quality
I see , from your sleek photos, yours is a bow rider,
that mustve been done, at a shop?
I am thinkin about having mine converted to an open bow,.
can you tell where that work was done?
and price??

Rocker

Recruit

Does anyone know how i can confirm the age of my sleekcraft aristocrat? my registration says 1969, i don't beleve this to be accurate, i believe its a 1979... It has a 200HP suzuki on it.. and i believe that is a 1989...
Thanks

quadragin

Cadet

YES mine is a bow rider, and we lov it that way, the sleeks that are not, from what I here get VERY HOT here in AZ.

We recived the boat already modified, we are from what I gather the 4th or possibly 5th owners of the boat. The first ...or.. second owners had the boat restored, painted etc that may have been the time it was converted to an open bow. She used to be White and Blue the wood grain on the rise where the plexiglass windows were. YUCK

She used to be named Never Again, because the couple that had the boat restored waited over a year and a half for her to get done.

The guy that bought it from them, liked the name because he was devorvced and said he would never again get married then he got married and sold the boat my friend who then gave it to us because he did not have the time for it and he knew I would give it some TLC...

I have about $2000 total including Life Vests and such.
It still needs more work, and new interior but she is runable, and very fun.

I would Highly recomend opening up your Bow. do the ruff work your self then have someone do the finish work.

quadragin

Cadet

What did your windshield run you?

I decided to not replace the large plexiglass windows above the cabin. I framed them with powder coated aluminum. now we can stand on the couches thru the openings...

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

I bought a 16' with a "boats by Nescher Baldwin park calif." tag on it. I can't seem to find anyone who has a similar boat. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. The title identifies it as a 1968 Newport....but I'm not sure that I have the right title for it. I'm currently working on restoring it, when I purchased it I more or less got a hull with a small tree growing in it! I hope to have it back on the water next summer! The tag also indicates that it is rated for 125 hp and the number 130 is stamped right below Nescher.

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2195.JPG
    IMG_2195.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 0

blues

Seaman

What did your windshield run you?

I decided to not replace the large plexiglass windows above the cabin. I framed them with powder coated aluminum. now we can stand on the couches thru the openings...
new windshield with rubber,. and all new hardware was 350$

blues

Seaman

I bought a 16' with a "boats by Nescher Baldwin park calif." tag on it. I can't seem to find anyone who has a similar boat. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. The title identifies it as a 1968 Newport....but I'm not sure that I have the right title for it. I'm currently working on restoring it, when I purchased it I more or less got a hull with a small tree growing in it! I hope to have it back on the water next summer! The tag also indicates that it is rated for 125 hp and the number 130 is stamped right below Nescher.

thanks!

cool boat,. even from 1968 it is still great,.
is this an outboard or stern drive,.?
sometimes I google sleekcraft,.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Im sorry but Sleek / Nescher build WAY COOL BOATS, thier design was before it's time in terms of coolness!

We picked ours up for $950... couple weeks after getting it....we got the chance to ride in an older Sleekcraft Ambassador...WHAT A RIDE! smooth, powerful, roomy.......took the waves like they we'rent there...NICE!!!! got us motivated to rock and roll on our sleek...

Its a 1981 Sleek Executive that we're doing a turbo restore on........cant wait to take her on the water and see how she handles.....we've been working on it 3 weeks and its close to water time...
-
-Technical info 1981 23' Executive/ Chevy 350 engine Prepped by Hardin Marine of Lake Havasu City, AZ (still in business!) they said the old 350 is just a factory 350 long block "Marine-ized"... Chrysler 300 Sterndrive (very heavy duty, but hard to find parts, WELL BUILT!) ours had a broken upper houosing from hitting something like a reef....found new part and currently fixing that part..Interior layout was in need of updating and wasnt as roomy as we like...so we changed the layout on ours.....

heres the thread........

heres a couple pics of ours
IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

a before pic
SleecraftExecutive-035.jpg

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Its set up for an outboard, I just bought a 115 mercury inline 6 for it. I figured the "tower of power" would be fitting for the boat. I can't wait to get it all together and on the water next year!

ejbreeze

Cadet

I'm doing a full restore on my 84 26' ambassador. I filled in the side window as you can see in the photo below.

sleek1.jpg

sleek2.jpg

sink1.jpg

f1.jpg

done1.jpg

eric2.jpg

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Ej can you post or PM me a link to your ambassador resto picture description site...I know I seen it somewhere before..... and was looking for it and couldnt find it again!

Would love to show a few people your awsome hard work.....ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!