Skier 700?

bigtelebigtele

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 7, 2005
Messages
2
I have just been given an older fibeglass tri hull,w/ Chrysler skier 700 outboard,I have not attempted to start the motor yet, it appears to be in good shape,and told it was a running jenny by the man that gave it to me.the only thing i know about this motor is it is 70 hp.I am also new at this whole marine thing.I have been an auto mechanic all my life but never any experience w/marine what should i check bfore trying to run this motor,any info on the skier 700? thanx :cool:
 

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
4,182
Re: Skier 700?

Hello dale and welcome to Iboats. Is this a chrylser motor? If a chrysler the model number should be located under the carb somewhere near the cowling latch assembly. Please post the model number.<br /><br />First thing is test compression. If numbers are good get a factory service manual or an aftermarket like seloc or clymer. If motor sat over a year drain gas from the carb bowls and pump fresh gas though system till all old gas is out of the system. If this is a chrysler or a force gas mix should be 50 to 1 with a quality outboard motor oil. Do not use regular 2 stroke oil you would use in your chainsaw or weed wacker. Would not hurt to remove plugs and spray fogging oil in the cylinders or seafoam deep creep in the cylinders and give it a crank on the starter for a couple of seconds. To choke motor to start you will need to push in the key while turning it to the start position.
 

bigtelebigtele

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 7, 2005
Messages
2
Re: Skier 700?

Thanx So much for the reply,I will post the info soon.I will run the test's and see what gives thanx alot!
 
Top