SKI LOCKER

msmorto

Petty Officer 3rd Class
http://hometown.aol.com/msmorto/myhomepage/photo.html <br /> <br />Hey Guys:<br />I have found a way to have a ski locker with round corner. I have an old plastic laminate top with a "T" shaped edging, I pulled it off the top and try to see if it would work, I glued and staple it to the edge of a peice of plywood, IT LOOKS VERY GOOD. Check out the pics<br /> <br />Mario

CCrew

Chief Petty Officer
Re: SKI LOCKER

Work looks good, drawing's pretty darned professional!<br /><br />Personally I have an issue with the lip, as I see it as a water trap. That area is pretty darned heavily trafficked, and also the seam is a water egress point if the deck gets wet.. <br /><br />Thought about doubling the floor between the stringers, and cutting the bottom level smaller than the top, thereby giving yourself a built in lip? You could epoxy resin between the two layers, and put some extra in the lip area. That should help to seal... You also get the added benefit of the stronger floor around the locker which was reinforced from the factory originally (mine at least)<br /><br />Just a thought, throw it away if you wish :D <br /><br />-Roger

msmorto

Petty Officer 3rd Class

CCREW:<br />I thought about all of the sealing isues, the purpose of the drawing and the pics was to show<br />that a vinyl trim could be used for rounded corner. I was thinking of the same idea as yours<br />of the double floor at the ski locker, and a rubber gasket. (anything is better than what we had) :) <br /> <br />Mario

Peter1959628

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nice job & i would love to be able to incorporate it in my old boat.

CCrew

Chief Petty Officer

msmorto..<br /><br />Thanks on the trim idea. I really do love the drawing :) T-Channel extruded aluminum is pretty easy to find also, but your vinyl would probably be easier to turn the radius with...<br /><br />I'm only thinking of durability, but it looks like wht you're using would lay good and flush with the deck not as to create a trip hazard. I dunno about at your house, but I have three females here, first stubbed toe and I'm bait!<br /><br />-Roger