ski handle

arjay2008

Cadet
Is there anywhere i can find or make a ski handle for $10 or less? I already have the rope for pulling a tube, but no way of pulling a skier.

dodgeramsst2003

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: ski handle

Well, I'm might be wrong here, and I'm sure someone will chime in if I am, but for less than $10 I think you might be out of luck. I you make something, do yourself a favor and make sure all sharp edges are protected. You never know, it hasn't happened to me but that handle can hit you in the face, arms, legs etc. Honestly I have two ropes, one with no handle for pulling tubes and toys, and the other is a segmented rope that you can adjust the length to suit the particular skiing.

Chris

evin268fs

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You will have better luck finding a cheap ski rope complete rope at Bass Pro, walmart or ebay for $10-20, than a handle only. Most handle onlys are generally of a higher quality non stretch/swivel/slalom starter brand name and will run $50 or more.

Hope this helps.

cheburashka

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If you've got the right rope for pulling a towable, it's the wrong rope for skiing. Way too thick and heavy. Ski ropes run right around $20, and they're well worth it. They generally have different colors on them to indicate when the skier should start looking out for the handle, and they're set to a good length. You can try to ski with a towable rope and a stick, but there's a good chance you'd have very little success with it.

arjay2008

Cadet

Thanks. I kinda figured it'd be easier just to get a new rope, but don't have a lot of money right now. I'm gettin ready to go to college and this boat is drainin my funds a little bit...:)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

we used to take a broom handle, cut it to length, sand the ends, and drill a hole in each end. run a rope thru it. and connect to any long rope. this was in the dark ages.

arjay2008

Cadet

Picked up a 75' team special slalom rope for $13. Now I just have to wait for it to get here.