Ski bar recommendations

GotchaNow

Recruit
I have a 2023 SunTracker Bass Buggy 18, and want to pull the grandkids around on a tube. The only possible tow points are at the aft end of each toon, just above the water line. Not wanting to possibly foul the prop with a tow rope, I think I'd like to install a bar that will keep the rope out of the immediate vicinity of the motor. Any ideas? Where do yall attach a tow rope if you don't use a ski bar?

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
I use a turboswing ski bar....not cheap...
I understand there is an inexpensive, "y" rope device that attaches to those pontoon points....Overton sells them, I think..? ....

I used those points on my toons using a single rope for each for some years but as the grandkids got bigger, The flexing back and forth broke one off at the toon ...simple reweld, but I got the turboswing......
to add, my toon is an '06 and I've noticed newer toons have a thicker, more robust attach point than what mine are.....so maybe you'd be just fine.....just understand, mine broke at the original weld...I don't know how much thicker new toons are compared to old ones....

I looked at the stand up ones ...no room on my aft section, but wouldn't get one anyway because of the torque force requiring hefty backup plates underneath....

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Just get a bridle. The center float keeps it out of the motor.

GotchaNow

Recruit
Thanks for the bridle suggestion. Think I'll go that route until I save up for the turboswing.

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
like I said...

Attachments

• IMG_1934.png
    IMG_1934.png
    629 KB · Views: 6