Skeeter w/ Force 150 Wiring Problems

I have a 91 Skeeter 20 foot with a 91 force 150hp. When I bought the boat the prior owners really messed up the wiring. Getting some of the problems fixed, but need help with others. I know that the key switch provides 12v power to the starter solenoid, but does it also provide 12v power to the power pack (inverter) or does the wire either ground out or ground in to complete the cycle for spark to the plugs? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

swimmin' for shore

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Skeeter w/ Force 150 Wiring Problems

Herb-just caught this. The moderators didn't catch it yet, but you have an engine issue, as opposed to a restoration one. You may want to take this to the other forums, if you haven't done so already. :) Good luck with your problem.

cart7

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Skeeter w/ Force 150 Wiring Problems

You've got a nice Skeeter bassboat and you're keeping that Force outboard on the back?<br /><br />Good grief, there's a guy over on Bass Boat Central selling a really shweet 1993 Mercury 175hp for $2700. Go get yourself a real motor, you can easily find one for under $3k, forget about rewiring that Force and use it instead, to anchor some brush piles on your favorite lake. <br /><br />JMO of course.