Size of inboard gas tank

XcellR8

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I recently purchased a 1994 Glastron SSV 170SE boat with an inboard gas tank and was wondering if anyone knew how many litres or gallons it would be? I need to change the oil sensor in the remote oil tank so I want to run a 50:1 mix fin the tank for the first while to ensure it's using oil on it's own.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Size of inboard gas tank

Sometimes you can find information like that on eBay

ziggy

Admiral

ya could mix yer gas in a known size fuel can. i use 5 gal platic cans.
ya could go for the sending unit area of yer fuel tank. for i/o's its a rule to have the fuel tank marked, and it's usually by the sender....for an ob, i don't know if the rule holds true though.
ya could empty the fuel tank. and fill it up with a known amount too.....

XcellR8

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I was hoping to avoid the drain/refill method to find out as the tank is about 3/4's full right now and you never know if you get all of the gas out since you can't see it. I do have a round plastic plate in the floor that's partially covered by the back seat so I think I'll try and remove that first. Thanx for the replies.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Remove the access cover. The tank may have it's capacity printed on a label near the level sender. If not, run a couple of remote 6-gal tanks of premix, until you verify the oil injection is working, then switch back to the main tank.

XcellR8

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I was initially going to try using a portable tank with premix until I realized that my fuel line connects right to the VRO with no quick connect. I also no longer have a portable boat gas tank as I just sold my old boat.