Sitting in a hotel room when I don't wanna... Hurricane Idalia

brodmann

Chief Petty Officer
We traveled to Atlanta when hurricaine Floyd was headed our way. Short notice of mandatory evacuation for all surrounding areas. Traffic was a disaster. It's 250 miles from my house to the hotel we were staying in. The drive took 23 hours!! Bumper-to-bumper traffic on the interstate the whole way. 23 hours to drive 250 miles! It was after that fiasco that they set up gates and other stuff to change our interstates to be outbound traffic in all lanes. Long overdue.

FLATHEAD

Captain
In our area all the restaurant food has gone down hill badly since the pandemic ! We find ourselves rarely eating out anymore, when we used to eat out frequently due to lower quality food and higher costs!!
Truth right there. A couple places lost our business due to raising entrées substantially and no longer including roll and salad.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
From an IHG platinum member....some are worst than others.
I stayed at a HGI on Macon GA and they had shut down the restaurant for whatever reason next trip they had hired a 'kid' of about 30 and told her to have fun with the non HGI menu. I got to sample about 10 things for free as long as I was honest with her in my feedback. Great trip, even tho in soul sucking Macon...