Simple reason for no religion in pledge

txswinner

Banned
Re: Simple reason for no religion in pledge

Without Bourbon it just does not ring true. Ok with or without "under God" Michael gotta go.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Odd job ,Newt,a married man, could not keep his fingers out of other women's pants, you know sort of like Clinton. He also lied about it until he got caught.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't all religions worship some sort if deity, a god? Perhaps even multiple gods?<br /><br />The answer, of course, is "yes".<br /><br />However, most of those deities have a name, and they are referred to by their name. Allah, Brahma, Shiva, Zeus, Osiris, ect...<br /><br />Christianity is the only religion I know that refers to their god as "God", capitalized.<br /><br />To say that "One nation, under God" is simply a mention of a higher power is rather silly, isn't it? To claim it applies to any religious belief. It's a convenient arguement for those that want to retain that phrase within the Pledge, but it really isn't valid. No other religions refer to their deity as "God". Whenever it is capitalized, as in a name, there is never any doubt that it refers to the god of Christianity.

Ralph 123

Captain

I see, so because the Creator is called God in English and Allah in Arabic and who knows what else in other languages, it must be the nasty Christian Creator they are really talking about. And that is so offensive that it must be stricken from an optional pledge taught to children that vast majority of whom believe in God. That makes complete sense. Let's start deleteing God from all the founding documents of this country because some people may be offended at his mention. What a brilliant idea!<br /><br />No system built to spare the feelings of a tiny minority that offends the majority can survive.<br /><br />Please don't cash your check until we get it off the currency. It may offend someone and we can't have that.

Ralph 123

Captain

If the pledged offends you with "under God" in it, then stand up, call your representatives and tell them you want a bill introduced in Congress to change the language - <br /><br />No, that's too hard. Better to use the unelected dictators to subvert the will of the people. That will win you a lot of acceptance.

cpj

Ensign

trollin.jpg
:D

harkawy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Why can't the athiests recite the Pledge of Allegiance and simply not verbalize the Under God? Like:<br /><br />I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one Nation (quiet) Indivisible with Liberty and Justice for all.<br /><br />That way those who believe are permited to so state and those who don't, don't.<br /><br />I remember when I was in High School some forty-two years ago, there was a student who's religion did not permit pledging anything to a symbol. The American Flag being that symbol. He stood with the student body but didn't say anything. No one was upset with him since it was his religion. I guess people were more tolerant then.<br /><br />I also remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.

glen f

Seaman

Sad how Americans had to watch our fellow americans suffering from hurricanes and people keep up this stupid fight. Clinton got a little, SO! He did a pretty decent job all in all. Why does stupid unmeaning b.s. get so much attention by our lawmakers. People suing McDonalds because the coffee is too hot! Give me a break. It takes all kinds but all this money could be spent on saving Americans lives. Man up America!!! Something doesnt agree with you, Your supposed to be free here so dont participate! Lets get to solving real problems like saving lives and fighting poverty in the U.S.A.!!!!!!! Good point Harkawy

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

hihitler.jpg
<br /><br />Anybody recall when they stopped or the reason for not doing the hitler salute when doing the pledge?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Here's another reason:<br /><br />"And Jesus answering said unto them, 'Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.'"

rolmops

Vice Admiral

You know,I'm really happy that we can fight about what to say or not to say on this board.It is a sure sign that this nation is democratic and free.