FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey guys...<br /><br />What would it take to replace the stock exhaust with dual exhaust on my 2001 Chevy Silverado with 4.8L V8? How much are we talking?<br /><br />I don't need any additional power, just more noise. Stupid Idea?
Go to Your local Cole Muffler,........<br /><br />They're about the Cheapest,......But,.. I'm Betting Cheap will have Nothing to do with it......<br /><br />With the New Inspection laws in Ny. this year, You May Not be able to get a Sticker............<br /><br />Inspections got Alot Tougher This Year on any vechicle newer than 1996.......
Yea...I just had my truck inspected last week and their damn new computer that talks to Albany wouldn't communicate with my truck!!! Ended up being a fuse. I'll have to check into that. Thanks.
It cost my son $175 to get duals put on his Z71. He already had the stainless bugle horn ends for them. He put straights on it. They just cut the stock muffler off right at the catalytic converter, welded a Y on, bent and welded a couple pipes and viola!! Instant twice pipes!!!!
I just called Monroe and they said there could be a problem with the Vortec engines. Something about too much air flow past the O2 sensor? He wasn't sure about the new NY emissions law either. I don't know...have to do some more research...
My 04 with the 5.3 also has dual cats, right after the downpipes from the headers (manifolds). Would be real easy to just weld up true duals and still have the stock emissions totally intact. <br /><br />Not a dumb idea. I put a Gibson cat-back on my truck, loud and I love it. No problems in 30,000 miles.