silly question, but i must ask to calm my ocd. dropped boat did I hurt my outboard

Cadet
OK. I was switching out trailers few days ago. since its only a 1648 jon boat i choose to used the rafters in the shop to lift it up. Anyway. at about a inch or two (if that), the hook point on the boat gave in back and the boat came back down on the trailer and on top of a small support that I was going to add wood blocks to as I lifted it to give a extra support.
The moter was tilted on the way up, it did not hit anything it's just the shock of the boat falling that got me worried. The only reason I am worried is b/c this outboard has not even seen the water yet and I haven't even made the first payment on it. it's a 2014 yamaha 50 btw.

and yes I over think things and worry to much:facepalm:

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Re: silly question, but i must ask to calm my ocd. dropped boat did I hurt my outboar

It's probably cracked the block, bent the drive shaft and broken a piston or two. Just chuck it out get another one.

Or forget about it and go on with life.

nwcove

Admiral
Re: silly question, but i must ask to calm my ocd. dropped boat did I hurt my outboar

It's probably cracked the block, bent the drive shaft and broken a piston or two. Just chuck it out get another one. Or forget about it and go on with life.

yer an optomist!!! 971....you might as well sell the whole set up to me for scrap. ondarvr told you of the motor damage, but the transom is also now shot, as well as the trailer!!! ;)

Cadet

lol, after reading what I wrote it does seem silly of me worrying over it.

nwcove

Admiral

lol..yep. wait til ya hit yer first " under water obstruction" at wot! then look things over!

tazrig

Lieutenant Commander

lol, after reading what I wrote it does seem silly of me worrying over it.

Yeah... Just think of how much force is exerted on the transom and motor when you are buzzing along and jump your first wave... :rolleyes:

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

worry more about what could have happened to you if the lift point failed at a different time and the rig landed on your own parts.