Signature 31 Throttle Cable Length?

kjlemen

Recruit
I have a 2006 with twin volvo 5.7s. Has anyone replaced their cables and might know the length so I can avoid pulled them out and measuring? Thanks for any help you may be able to provde!

Fun Times

Staff member
There should be some numbers on them usually found sort of near the ends of the cables.... If you can find them numbers you can usually find a size conversion chart online at marine retail type stores that should be able to help match what you have now should the cable not tell you the exact foot length you have directly.

Are they red cables? Usually that’d be an indication of them being a Teleflex Morse 33C Supreme type cable Volvo often used before promoting their own version of a higher quality cable.

kjlemen

Recruit
Thanks for insights. They are black but may not be original. My parts manual lists, CC63321, CC63322, CC63324 and CC63326 Volvo Extreme Cables. the last two numbers of each are probably length, but their is no designation for port or starboard and shift or throttle. I am specifically interested in the port throttle cable but i can only guess as to the proper length, without measuring, I guess?

Fun Times

Staff member

That would be correct with the last numbers being the foot length of the cables as shown in the 1 link above using just 1 of your part numbers ending in 26..,

Those are like the good cables I was starting to reference from Volvo.
Now that you have the part numbers, it’s safe to say since the shifter is on the starboard side of the boat?, and you’re looking for the port side engine, the longer cables would need to go to the port side for best fitment. ;)