Sierra 18-2619-1 Outdrive Gasket Set

Franco_boater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello,
is it OK to use Sierra gaskets for the bellhousing? Are they good and reliable? I know boating isnt cheap and if something requires OEM i use oem, just asking about this part.
Its easier avaiable here and much more cheaper than Quicksilver/Merc
1697193963312.png1697194020835.png

ThomW

Chief Petty Officer
Agreed that you will be fine with the Sierra gasket for your drive....

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Agreed,.... I use the Sierra A1 Gen.II gasket sets for MC-1s, A1s, 'n the Gen.IIs, 'n buy 'em by the 1/2 dozen at a time,.....
Got 4 or 5 hangin' over the bench on a nail right now,.....

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Ayuh,.... Agreed,.... I use the Sierra A1 Gen.II gasket sets for MC-1s, A1s, 'n the Gen.IIs, 'n buy 'em by the 1/2 dozen at a time,.....
Got 4 or 5 hangin' over the bench on a nail right now,.....
Yeah - buy a couple in case you mess one up putting them on. Also keep some hi perf gear lube and a impeller kit on the shelf. A fuel filter doesn't hurt to have laying around either, never know when you will run into some chit, its the middle of summer and an hour drive to the merc dealer.

stresspoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade
i found a cheapo AM set , advantage of the $12 set was when i pulled the drive each time to rectifie a shift issue the gasket didn't break into pieces like the 3 $40 serra ones did.

Franco_boater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you guys. Yes I always have spare parts like filters etc for my boat cars etc .)
I’ve read couple of reviews that this blue silicone on the gasket is not that good as the OEM and quad ring isn’t thick as OEM??

Last edited:

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Thank you guys. Yes I always have spare parts like filters etc for my boat cars etc .)
I’ve read couple of reviews that this blue silicone on the gasket is not that good as the OEM and quad ring isn’t thick as OEM??
You can keep asking but you got four or five thumbs up here. Not sure what you are looking for beyond that.

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Yeah - buy a couple in case you mess one up putting them on. Also keep some hi perf gear lube and a impeller kit on the shelf. A fuel filter doesn't hurt to have laying around either, never know when you will run into some chit, its the middle of summer and an hour drive to the merc dealer.
Bonus points if you have a spare drive on the shelf as well 😁