Show me a better or more unique sounding short block v8 than this wee monster !

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
So unique sounding wee thing. Yet to hear another short block that sounds the same as this wee boat. I think the cam definitely makes her sound so lumpy and coughy perhaps. Spits and coughs at idle. And that’s only showing one of the exits

Attachments

• 6847A907-4B17-421F-91A5-64AA6F465D88.MOV
    5.4 MB · Views: 1

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Please tell me you put a Captains call on there so you can turn it off.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Please tell me you put a Captains call on there so you can turn it off.
Haha. Showing your age there ! Yeah. She has that fitted, but that system still vents some exhaust out the sides a little. Usually have it switched off when in areas that may not be appreciated by all. Very conscious of it in those situations. Like coming home late at night down the river to the mooring. It’s always off and only at idle in gear.

stresspoint

Ensign
my Mercruiser 5.7 sounds better :) .it is however 500hp , i get plenty of comments on how good it sounds @6800 rpm.

occasional whine from someone about it being annoying , but hey :) you cant please everyone .

i just tried to upload a vid but apparently file is too big ,so just a pic for now.WP_20211127_20_25_41_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Haha. Showing your age there ! Yeah. She has that fitted, but that system still vents some exhaust out the sides a little. Usually have it switched off when in areas that may not be appreciated by all. Very conscious of it in those situations. Like coming home late at night down the river to the mooring. It’s always off and only at idle in gear.
Well that's good. Most people that have those typically never run them in thru hull mode after awhile....especially with small blocks.

They sound ok with big blocks...with small blocks they are kinda lame.

Not showing my age...just not compensating for something...LOL

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
my Mercruiser 5.7 sounds better :) .it is however 500hp , i get plenty of comments on how good it sounds @6800 rpm.

occasional whine from someone about it being annoying , but hey :) you cant please everyone .

i just tried to upload a vid but apparently file is too big ,so just a pic for now.View attachment 376463
Amazing. Sounds like a serious machine ! I’m almost certain it’s the performance cam that make it sound different. Yours will be the same I’m sure.

Scott06

Vice Admiral
yours sounds similar to mine. Closest i got to thur hull…