FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I'm overhauling the powerhead on my 1974 Johnson 50. The factory manual says to put gasket sealer on the head gasket. I opened my new OMC head gasket from the package and the words "DON'T USE SEALER" are embossed on the gasket. What gives??
I had to replace a head gasket last year, and it said the same thing on my replacement gasket, so I did not add any sealer at all. Worked out perfect!t