Should I? Or No?

aspeck

Staff member
Man, do I admit I am not as young as I once was? Have the chance at a great deal on a 'toon! But to get rid of the bass boat? Can I keep 'em both? $4500 for a 3 year old Harris Suncruiser. Good shape. $5000 if I keep the 40 johnson on it, but I have an 88 SPL for it. Oh the choices!

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Should I? Or No?

Wouldnt be a decision for me! Both, or the Bass Boat. Ya have to do what you have to do.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I have a bad habit of collecting the things. Mrs 12Footer would like to strangle me sometimes, but I have yet to find (or build) that one ideal boat for all whims.<br />If you can swing the extra tag/tax/title/storage/maintainence issues, and the boss says it's ok, keepem both man!

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Ah heck, keep them both. We have three and I think we're done. But you never know what opportunity is right around the corner. How do you turn down a boat? <br /> I think we're obsessed to boats. But this is a good obsession. :D <br />Bassy

FSHKPR

Ensign

aspeck i was faced with the same decision a couple years ago. i kept them both but since i put the trolling motor on the pontoon i find myself using it alot more. in fact this year i havnt even taken the bass boat out yet. have done alot of bass fishing but its much more comfortable on the pontoon boat. i will say tho if its real windy the pontoon requires alot more attenion with the trolling motor than the bass boat does. still i think in spring the bass boat is going up for sale. what i really want is a nice deck boat, set up for fishing. got the best of both worlds that way. but for right now i am happy with the pontoon boat. i have it laid out pretty good for fishing. here are some pics http://calntisa.com/pontoon.htm since these were taken i have built carpeted boxes under the two front fishing seats to hold the two batteries for the trolling motor and the other one is for anchor and misc stuff. so to wrap it up i say go for it keep em both for a year or so and you may decide the pontoon is all you need.

SoulWinner

Commander

Do it. Look, keep 'em both, cause if you discover that you don't like the 'toon, or what ever, you can sell it easily without losing $$$$.

crab bait

Captain

i think you should sell both boats.. just give up boatin & fishin' altogether .. an buy your wife a new dinning room suite an new curtains for the house.. <br /><br />but that's just me..

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

If you can't bring yourself to do the smart thing like Crabby says, use your head and do some thinking. I currently have four boats and I NEED every one of them. Getting the wife to believe this is the tricky part. This is where the thinking comes in.

brother chris

Commander

Keep em both. <br />I have...um...3 boats now, and like 12footer said, I haven't found a boat either that works for every occasion. <br />I'm just running out of space for any more.<br />Keep em both. ;)

Carphunter

Commander

Should I? Or No?
......Yes, you should become a Cardinal fan...............and No, we won't think your a Dork for rooting for them Cats in the past. :p

aspeck

Staff member

Crabby, wife just got a new house - she doesn't need furniture to go with it! Actually built the house around the dining room suite, so that isn't an issue. Storage is the only issue. Only built a 4 car garage and one of the bays the bass boat fits perfectly (used the bass boat to get the garage). Now if I got the 'toon have no where to put it - even if I sold the bass boat - too big for the garage. AUUGH, the logistics of it all. If it weren't for the logistics I would be out hanging a motor on it right now!<br /><br />EDIT: Nice 'Toon Fishkpr!

aspeck

Staff member

It's been decided - logistics kept me from being a 2 boat man again. Had 4 at one time, got back to one. <br /><br />Didn't want MY to think I was wasting money! HA! J/K MY - Not a problem.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Crabby,<br />Buy her a BIG HOUSEBOAT! Then paint her name on the back, of course! She couldn't argue with that, now could she??? That would be just as good as new furniture & curtains & stuff, right?

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> It's been decided - logistics kept me from being a 2 boat man again.
aspeck its your Logic that is messed up my man not logistics. <br />Lets re-think this for a moment. Look at the front of your 4 car garage from left to right. Left bay holds the misses new car, next bay holds your truck, third bay the Bass boat, and picture the last bay being just a little taller with a RV door and behind it sits your little toony! :) <br /><br />Did that help? :D

aspeck

Staff member

Link, let's look at those garage doors again. Left one holds my '76 50th Anniversary Trans Am (along with riding mower and other equipment). Middle one holds her 90 Bonneville and spare freezer. Right one is a long garage with a wider door and it holds my 00 GMC Denali and bass boat (plus fishing equipment and more tools and toys). Even talked about getting her a newer vehicle, but she is happy with what she has.<br /><br />Man, she even gave me permission to get the 'toon! I hate getting old and responsible!

Link

Rear Admiral

Oh well I was just trying to help as you know.<br />aspeck<br />
Man, she even gave me permission to get the 'toon! I hate getting old and responsible!
That hurts :) <br /><br />Well as a freind of mine says (our elder) getting old with aches and pains may sux, but it beats the alternative! :D :D he does have a point!<br /><br />That getting responsible thing has me a bit worried though :confused: