should I glass in dividers??

amidaeus

Seaman
I have an '81, 21 foot cuddy cabin that I have removed all the carpet from. I will use it mostly for towing the kids around and some fishing. I am replacing the carpet with Ultratuff rubberized coating. After removing the carpet I noticed bare plywood in spots and have since put some new resin and a layer of glass on the whole deck. My question is...should I glass in the dividers that form the cabin? These are plywood that was covered in carpet and screwed into 2x2 blocks that are screwed to the deck the tops of the plywood is attached into the top front of the console on both sides of the cabin door. They provide support for the top of the cabin. I plan on coating them with resin and then spraying with the ultratuff along with the deck. Should I go ahead and glass em in??

Realgun

Commander
Re: should I glass in dividers??

If they are glassed from the factory go ahead and glass them. Even if you coat the top of the wood the wood can rot from below.The only issue I see is that if they ever rotted under the Ultratuff then it will be that much harder to get them out.