Shift Interrupt wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grtsdad2

Recruit
My boat is a 1988 Sea Ray Sorrento. Everything is back together and runnning good, except the shift interruptor switch. I've looked at all the wiring diagrams on this site to find out how to wire the switch, but none of the wiring diagrams look like mine. I don't have the serial of the engine (i'll grab it when im off work,) but the Engine is a 5.7 Mercruiser 260. All of the wiring diagrams on this site have 4 wires coming off the distributor, but mine only has a single black wire coming out. The interrupt switch has a black wire going onto the top terminal, and a white/green on the bottom terminal. The white/green isn't hooked up to anything at this moment, I hooked it up to the negative side of the coil and it just grounds out the ignition and wont start. Is that how it is supposed to be wired and the switch needs to be adjusted? Or do I have something wrong here. Sorry for not having very much info on the engine since i'm at work. Thanks for any input.

Jim
Jim, Did the way you wired this up resolve your issue?

Grtsdad2

Recruit
Re: Shift Interrupt wiring

Got her out on the lake today, everything is working good! I can hear the engine die briefly when i put it in neutral. Ran her for about 2 hours and everthing went good. Thanks guys!

Jim
Jim, can you give me a brief dis of how you wired this up to make it work correctly.? I have a green/white wire and an all black wire not sure where to connect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.