shift cable

wtg2320

Seaman
I pulled my outdrive off the other day to replace my bellows. After I put the outdrive back on I had to readjust my shift cable. I finally have it set to where it goes in forward no problem. I have to pull it into revers really slow or it will cut out and when i shift into neutral it cuts out. If I move the barrel from where it is now in any direction reverse will cut out. Is there a way to bring this to a default setting and see if I can adjust it from there. Could this be the carb as well? Maybe it needs to be adjusted. 88 mercruiser alpha 1 gen 1

Bondo

Staff member
I pulled my outdrive off the other day to replace my bellows. After I put the outdrive back on I had to readjust my shift cable. I finally have it set to where it goes in forward no problem. I have to pull it into revers really slow or it will cut out and when i shift into neutral it cuts out. If I move the barrel from where it is now in any direction reverse will cut out. Is there a way to bring this to a default setting and see if I can adjust it from there. Could this be the carb as well? Maybe it needs to be adjusted. 88 mercruiser alpha 1 gen 1

Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,.... Ya changed the bellows, 'n Didn't install a new lower shift cable,..??..?? There's info, 'n videos up in Don'S Adults Only section at the top of this forum,....