Shift Arm Removel

Warning3

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
3
I have a Force 1989 85hp (856X9G).<br />I am replacing the bellow (seal) on the shifting rod of the lower unit. With the new Gear Housing Cover Kit (under the water pump) part# F2A694706, I have to replace the lower shift arm (two piece) with a one piece arm.<br />Does anyone know an easy way to remove the lower shift rod and shift arm from the top of the gear housing? The manual says it should come out but its not.<br /><br />I have removed the shift arm pivot pin and propeller shaft. <br /><br />Thanks
 
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
22
Re: Shift Arm Removel

Dont the force engines need that two piece shift rod cause the coupler in the middle functions to adjust the length of the rod for proper shifting from neutral?
 

Warning3

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
3
Re: Shift Arm Removel

Yes, the new one has a little bullet shaped piece that I need to replace on the shift arm with threads., and a longer shifting rod.<br />(I guess you could say it is two pieces) GRIN
 
Top