Sewing Marine Vinyl?

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
A few years back I made some clear curtains for my boat. My old Kenmore worked OK to good. Although, my first attempts sucked. I got pretty good at it and finished my project. I am getting ready to sew clear inserts. I suspect 20 gauge will do. 10 gauge too light and 30 gauge too thick. I cannot remember what gauge of clear I used. I will have to sew zippers onto vinyl. Any suggestions?

tpenfield

Staff member
Not much canvas experience on my part, but 40 gauge is often used for windows in canvas.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
There are a lot of factors in choosing clear vinyl.Optic clarity,ability to roll up and store, cost, and in your case "sewability" on your machine.Take a look at Sailrite.com This is where I got my "Crystal clear" 30 gauge .They have everything including instructional videos to help you through the job. Charlie

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
There are a lot of factors in choosing clear vinyl.Optic clarity,ability to roll up and store, cost, and in your case "sewability" on your machine.Take a look at Sailrite.com This is where I got my "Crystal clear" 30 gauge .They have everything including instructional videos to help you through the job. Charlie
Thanks,. I believe that is who I purchased vinyl from years ago and the same gauge.