Set up

Bravo Zulu

Recruit
I'm just about to order a Stacer 4.29 Outlaw with a F 50 Yamaha....any suggestions about which prop is best or weather a hydrofoil is an advantage.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
A foil only helps the company that sold it and lined their pockets

airshot

Rear Admiral
I'm just about to order a Stacer 4.29 Outlaw with a F 50 Yamaha....any suggestions about which prop is best or weather a hydrofoil is an advantage.
Best for what??? We have no idea what you want or expect from your boat. Heck I dont even know what a Stacer is...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Looks like a nice fishing boat.
Your dealer must have sold several of these by now and he should be able to recommend the best prop for your needs.

He should have a lower pitch one that will give you quick planing and slow trolling speeds.

Or a higher pitch one that will be a little slower to plane, but should give you an extra 3 kph.

My guess is you will end up with a 15 P prop, but your dealer is the expert.

Perhaps work out a deal where you could exchange the prop if it doesn't work as you wish.

Bravo Zulu

Recruit
Best for what??? We have no idea what you want or expect from your boat. Heck I dont even know what a Stacer is...

Your dealer must have sold several of these by now and he should be able to recommend the best prop for your needs.

He should have a lower pitch one that will give you quick planing and slow trolling speeds.

Or a higher pitch one that will be a little slower to plane, but should give you an extra 3 kph.

Perhaps work out a deal where you could exchange the prop if it doesn't work as you wish.
Thanks for your thoughts

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

If you do try and expect to return, carefully install it, make a test run, if dissatisfied, remove it, clean it up like new and put it in the box. The dealer has to be able to sell it as a new, not used prop if he swaps with you for another.