Services?

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Services?

:) Tylerin! you must be young,maybe late 20s early 30s!!! As you get older and accumulate wealth and I don't mean that u have to be a millionaire, you will start getting lazy or find other important things to do of interest. There fore you will do what allot of us do,hire someone to clean the house;cut the grass;remove the snow etc: At 58 I'm just to darn busy to be doing all that stuff and work during the week to have to come home and cut the grass!!! ;) :cool:

tylerin

Commander

Flyrod I'm 43, and my life ain't that busy I have to pay somebody to take care of my stuff. Thats how I found this site, I do my own motor and stern drive work as well. My wife and I work and can confortably afford any service we want, but it isn't going to happen.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

No hired out services here. We do it ourselves.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

:confused: :confused: :confused: <br />Lets see, he is probably paying to go to the fitness center to work out to be healthy. Then paying to have physical work done at home. Sounds counter productive to me.<br /><br />Personnaly, I would rather use up the wear and tear on my bones and muscles doing work around the house. This not only keeps me healthy, but the work that is done is to my satisfaction. If the job is a bad one, you can't blame anyone but yourself!<br /><br />I'm curious to know on these people that work out everyday at a young age how their arthritus is going to be when they are older. I think it prematurely will wear out your joints.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> .....I give into a lot of her "whims", doing the social gatherings, art shows, even the opera(and my neck is about as red as they get)...but I am not having a cleaning lady!....
Even if you could get that 21 Year Old Swedish Girl Mr. Ladyfish passed on?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Like EF I have a housekeeper come in for half a day every other week.<br /><br />She does about the same stuff that EF's lady does. She does it a lot better than I do, and she does it for $40. Unlike many other services that sort of thing costs less in rural areas. Also, my house is small and fairly new which makes a lot of it easier.<br /><br />I do all the outdoor chores that don't involve heavy strain or can be done with "Big Orange" (Kubota BF2150 with front loader).

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I had a lawn mower once. I started putting leftover outboard motor gas in it. Worked for couple seasons then just wouldn't start. "What can I do," I said to mrs. jtexas, " I got no lawn mower." We've had a service do it ever since. <br /><br />Now I say "there are people who make their living doing that, and who am I to deprive them of their livelyhood?" :) <br /><br />What I mean by that is, I work hard to earn a good living, and right now my free time is worth more to me than what I pay the yard guy. It's not about being lazy; it's about resource allocation. Not just financial resources, but physical energy as well.<br /><br />I still seem to find enough honey-do's to fill just about all the daylight hours between work and fishing; all the painting, plumbing, gardening, fence repair, electrical, carpentry, small appliance repair, computer repair, tax return preparation, boat repair, you all know what I'm talkin' bout, I'm sure. For some reason I just hate to pay somebody else for stuff like that. <br /><br />We used to get a housekeeper in one day every other week, but now the mrs. is staying home full time (when she's not ferrying kids around & being PTA president & doing church-lady stuff), and she handles it all, except what she delegates to the kids. I realize she's only got so much energy to go around, & it's nice when she has enough left over to spend on me. :)

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

with the price of a lawn mower these days, it's cheaper to hire someone to mow the grass, typicaly they are very efficient utilize large mowers, can knock off a lawn in less than an hour for about 30-50 dollars a cut. <br /> a lawn mower cost 300 to 5000. bucks, needs fuel,sharpening, maintence,and storage. and the home owner whos gotta give up a day on the boat is not effcient doing any of it. wish i could say the money in the bank would earn sufficient interest to toss that into the equastion, but its not.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Capt. Kidd:<br /> Even if you could get that 21 Year Old Swedish Girl Mr. Ladyfish passed on?
Now, I'd have to think hard about that :D The cleaning lady she has in mind is not a sweedish girl...she is more like "Broomhilda, the russian bear wrestler" :eek: <br /><br />I thought about this over the weekend, and I do have a trash service that I pay for ($2 a week), that saves me the hassle of going to the dump...but it isn't the same as a cleaning lady ;)

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

jtexas said it better than I did. Our free time on weekends is worth more than what it costs to have the maid take care of the house. LF & I both work hard during the week and we both feel like we need time to ourselves on the weekends. Our daughter is raised and has her own family so we feel like we've earned it. There were many years when we had to do all the yard work & housekeeping because we couldn't afford to hire it out. We still do all of the maintenance and any projects LF conjurs up.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Well, we have a house keeper for 1 maybe 2 days a week.<br />Wife reckons she is not coming in to the house after a days work, to clean the place up.<br />Costs little and I'm happy.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip