Services?

tylerin

Commander
Does anyone here hire others to clean their house, mow their yard, clean their pool, wash the car etc... It'll be a cold day in he11 before this happens. Yesterday I watched my neighbor go to gym as he was having his yard cut. Don't make sense, he's more than capable

JasonB

Lieutenant
Re: Services?

Wish I could afford it, but nope. The only way I hire someone is if I can't physically do the work or if it is beyond me. <br /><br />I did have to hire some of the Youth Group from church to come over last year and keep out lawn mowed. I had back surgery and my wife was having a difficult pregnancy at the same time. Being the great kids they are, they would often show up and mow the yard while refusing pay.

KaGee

Admiral

Nope... The only thing I "farm out" is my dress shirts. Always take them to the cleaners 'cause they look so much better than when I do it. (The iron does not fit my better half's hands ;) )<br /><br />Your neighbor sounds like one of those "rich" guys that does not need his tax cut! :D

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Does paying your kids an allowance count as "farming it out?" My kids do the yardwork, as one of their chores to earn an allowance. If that don't count as "farming it out" or "hiring" someone, then I don't.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

LF was out of town earlier this year and while she was gone I hired a maid. No, not a 21 yr. old swedish girl. I have been trying to get LF to hire one for 12 years. She never would because she always felt like she would have to clean the house before the maid came. Didn't make sense to me, must be some of that female logic thing. <br /><br />We now have our maid come in and clean. This leaves the weekends free to do whatever. My goal for next year is a yard service. :D

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

She never would because she always felt like she would have to clean the house before the maid came.
Yeah, mine is one of those that's gotta straighten up the hotel room before the maid comes. Drives me nuts.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Mr.Ladyfish:<br /> ....I hired a maid. No, not a 21 yr. old swedish girl.....
Was this an option? <br />And if so, was it your decision to go another direction? :D

ehenry

Commander

We have a lady comes once a week for half a day and does house work. She vacumes, mops, dusts, does the bathrooms, all the windows and strips the beds and washes the linens and remakes the beds. All for the tidy sum of $50.<br /><br />The youngun and I tend to the yard chores.<br /><br />Mr. Ladyfish, who does the yard work at yall's place?? You or Ladyfish?

tylerin

Commander

Well I've heard of those maids that come in and clean your house in the buff. I might consider ;) I'll do the windows...don't want the neighbors getting any ideas....now get on your knees and scrub that floor!!

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Was this an option? <br />And if so, was it your decision to go another direction?
If it had been an option I would have had to go another direction in a hurry when LF came home.<br /><br />
Mr. Ladyfish, who does the yard work at yall's place?? You or Ladyfish?
Sometimes we do it together after work. Sometimes I do it. When I can fake an injury or act like the heat is getting to me she does it for me. I can admit that now because it's almost fall and the grass will slow down now. She'll forget what I said by spring. :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

My brother out-farms all his outdoors work cause he just doesnt have the time and his wife is not the outdoor type.<br /><br /><br />We have a rule, I do all the work outside, wife does all the work inside. I try to do the wash, she gets POed. She tries to rake the leaves, I go get the blower/Vacuum. The only thing she hates is ironing, so we always have a big pile of good clothes in the closet.<br /><br />Ken

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

When I was on the road I farmed out the lawn. It was a big lawn and it took me 4-5 hours to do a good job. Well, there went my boating time. Couldn't let that happen.<br /><br />I live in a condo now, whats a lawn?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes we do it together after work. Sometimes I do it.
Last year, when the power mower was broken and <br />wouldn't run, LF kept hinting to Mr.LF that he ought <br />to get it fixed, but somehow the message never sank in. <br /> <br />Finally LF thought of a clever way to make the point. When <br />Mr. LF arrived home that day, he found me seated <br />in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of <br />sewing scissors. He watched silently for a short time <br />and then went into the house. <br /> <br />He was gone only a few moments when he came out again. <br />He handed me a toothbrush. "When you finish cutting the <br />grass," he said, "you might as well sweep the sidewalks." <br /> <br />The doctors say he will probably live, but it will be quite <br />awhile before the cast will be off!!! <br /> :D :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Steve Huminski:<br /> Yeah, mine is one of those that's gotta straighten up the hotel room before the maid comes. Drives me nuts.
Mine also cleans the table and stacks the dishes at the restraunt!! :mad: <br /><br />Then makes sure I leave a descent tip! :mad: :mad: <br /><br />Don't mind the tip.... let the person earn it!

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Besides our regular jobs, we have a mowing business. It is amazing of how many people just don't want to mow anymore, or maybe they don't time. I know what it's like, cause I make my sone mow ours. :D Oh well, I get paid good! <br /><br />Now, my wife on the other hand would praise me if I got her a maid! :D <br /><br />WOW, it's gonna be how long before the cast comes off??? LOL

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Stumpys, I too have a landscape business and yes, it's amazing how many don't do their own yardwork.<br />Hey that's ok though.<br />The more green we cut, the more green I make.

gaugeguy

Captain

I am fighting this battle with my wife right now. She wants to hire a person to come in to do light housework once a week (like in EF's case) and I have put my foot down. She's a stay at home mom, the kids are in school, but her complaint is "I don't have enough time"...phooey!!

ehenry

Commander

Gauge, I'll stand with you my friend. If she doesn't work outside the home I see no need for a house keeper. <br /><br />How many younguns you got?

gaugeguy

Captain

2 boys, 7 and 6. She's been pampered her whole life, her parents have a cleaning lady so she naturally expects us to have one. So she thinks that because she has married me I have brought her into the stone age. I give into a lot of her "whims", doing the social gatherings, art shows, even the opera(and my neck is about as red as they get)...but I am not having a cleaning lady!

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Tylerin, as far as cutting the yard goes. I love to cut the yard. However, if I am not heavily medicated I will get laid out from the allergy issues that I have. Some times I can do it, some times I can't. What really ticks me off is that I really like to cut the grass! But I have the boys do it, or the wife does it. It is really funny though when the wife does it. We count how many men get slapped gauking at her in her tinny see through t-shirt with no bra. I of course have to count from inside in front of the air conditioning. It really really sucks to not be able to cut your own lawn. <br /><br />Just for added kicks, I sometimes make quick apearances outside next to the wife holding a long neck Bud pointing at nothing really. :) <br /><br />But hey, that and my signs about not worrying about the dog and beware of the owner's gun, keeps the salesmen at bay.