Serial number or Model number

flyguy2693

Cadet
The 100HP (decal) Mercury outboard engine on my Sun Tracker Party Hut has no visible OEM tag for the SN or Model Number. My paper work has this OC146540 or 0C146540. Neither of these will come up with data for my engine. Anyone familiar with 1997 (?) Mercury's numbering system. Thanks in advance.

KEYCHS1720

Cadet
The 100HP (decal) Mercury outboard engine on my Sun Tracker Party Hut has no visible OEM tag for the SN or Model Number. My paper work has this OC146540 or 0C146540. Neither of these will come up with data for my engine. Anyone familiar with 1997 (?) Mercury's numbering system. Thanks in advance.
Launch parets diagram from link below:

Look for serial that falls between the breaks in the catalog. I had the same issues with my 75hp, the serial is stamped into the port side of the block at the base of the cowling on my engine.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
How many cylinders? The serial number matches for a 3 cylinder, but a 100 is 4 cylinder, if the motor is a 1997.

flyguy2693

Cadet
This is a 'repo' from a private sale I made and I am having to try to put back some of the stripped original material. The motor is tilted all the way up and the wiring has been messed with and the battery is gone. I just needed to find the correct wiring to the trim/tilt motor to get it back down.

flyguy2693

Cadet
In a box of materials they dismantled, I found the cover for the carbs. The cowling is tilted up against frame of the railing and impossible to take it off where it is. But It is definitely a 4 cyl and according to the decal on that intake cover it indicates the timing data for a 100 to 125 4cyl. Still haven't found the right wires for the trim/tilt motor yet. I've no way to know if the Sun Tracker motor had been changed during it's life as a 1997 and that number is on the Arkansas 'Boat Registration Certificate'. I bought it about 4 years ago and used it for 3 years. It did need seats and canvas material for the rear tent replaced and I never got round to that. Sold it a year ago and never collected all that was owed. Buyer regretted that he had to let me have it back! I should have sued him but let him off the hook. Now I've got a boat I didn't need with work needed I've got little time for.

Last edited:

flyguy2693

Cadet
I thought I had hit the jackpot. Looking really close I found some very faint numbers way up on the inside of the swivel bracket.. I was hoping these were the model or serial numbers. NOT! They are the actual casting part number for the swivel bracket! And buddy are they hard to see! But no joy finding out the actual numbers yet to be able to get a manual or information on repairs. The only help I get is that this is the swivel bracket for the 100 -125 outboard. So far no luck in getting the engine to tilt down to be able to remove the cowling.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
???----Have you looked for the manual release valve , yes , no or no idea where that is ?