Secret Service v's Men in tights

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Yesterday in the UK, 5 protestors stormed the house commons where our government were sitting in session. Protecting them were not as you would expect armed Police officers but Retired men in tights, one sporting a large sword. Its good to see in these trying times we can still laugh at the images of a grown man in tights. I presume had it been in the senate the outcome may have been a bit different?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Secret Service v's Men in tights

The guy with the sword would be a Dead retired man in tights. ;) <br /><br />Addendum: I think I read that wrong. You mean the guys guarding the building were dressed in tights? Or the protesters? I was getting dinner together and all I saw was some guy in a Batman suit. Or am I even thinking of the same thing? It was a real short blurb on the news here. And I watched CBS, so the story they showed parbably was faked anyhow. I bet it wasn't even the Real Batman. ;)

KaGee

Admiral

Something about the phraze..."men in tights" that makes me cringe... :eek:

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Willy the people protecting were in tights and had a sword, that was the protection. Batman guy was different was the day before but to be fair the police man on duty took the decision not to shoot him which was nice. Its the irony of it in this time with all the terrorist for the sake of tradition we protect the countrys leaders with old guys in ladies clothes!

oddjob

Commander

Works for me....I mean who would want to be strong armed by a man in tights?...I'd stay for away.. ;)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

a guy with a sword in tights?<br />was this on benny hill? :p

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Waaaay too much time on thier hands! :rolleyes: