Seaworthy Bowrider = Dual Console

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Seaworthy Bowrider = Dual Console

Boy that Robalo is nice...I might like the look of it better than the Scout. Now I got another boat to look at it.

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hey just out of curiosity why so adamant about "NON-FISHING".

Offroader

Cadet

Hey just out of curiosity why so adamant about "NON-FISHING".

Because I've never fished in my life, and at this point in my life, I'm not interested. It's cheaper for me to go to the supermarket and get the fish I want. I'm interested in doing watersports in a lake, and sporadic cruising along the coast, visiting keys and small islands navigating through open ocean.

Since I live in the Caribbean, the weather can get ugly very quickly, and I just want to make sure my friends and family are as safe as my budget allows it.

So far, my choice is in a Robalo, Mako, HydraSports or SeaPro. Grady-White or Boston Whaler would be the perfect choice, but they're both way above my budget.

Bolster captain's seat and non-livewell option, besides bowrider-appearance are nice details.

Thanks for all the useful information. This is a great way to make a more informed choice.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

Good start to that list. I would add Key West, Sea Hunt, and Wellcraft. Lotsa choices.

Kelly

Willyclay

Captain

Take a look at Sea Hunt Boats. They have some nice dual consoles.

MikDee

Banned

Good Choice, Nice looking boat!

QC

Supreme Mariner

That thing is really cool, but I am seeing above 40K for anything above the standard engine. How fast do you want to go?

Also, I saw one of these in a picture:

10311433_12.jpg

:eek: :p :D I'm telling you, get a turtle. The kids will love you ;)

Offroader

Cadet

I'm a diver. I love nature. I love the ocean. I like watersports. I would love to cruise and observe the ocean, its creatures, coastal landscapes.

At this point in my life, I'm not interested in fishing.

Nandy

Commander

Offroader, Where in the Caribbean are you? Im from PR. I don't think anyone in this board is trying to push fishing on you. Looks like a livewell is about the only fishing feature that keep showing up. Stuff the livewell with ice and use it as a cooler.
Good luck in your search!

Offroader

Cadet

Offroader, Where in the Caribbean are you? Im from PR. I don't think anyone in this board is trying to push fishing on you. Looks like a livewell is about the only fishing feature that keep showing up. Stuff the livewell with ice and use it as a cooler.
Good luck in your search!

I live in the DR.

My choice, the Mako, doesn't come standard with a livewell.

I just have to keep on dreaming with money I'll never save to buy that boat.

That, or sell my expensive apartment and move to a cheaper home.

Anyway, dreaming is for free.

Merry Christmas.

Nandy

Commander

Ok, good luck! Feliz Navidad... (merry christmas)

boatflounder

Seaman Apprentice

Check out Sea Hunt, we bought the 22' dc this spring and love it. ours does have a large livewell in the bacj but i think they redesigned the transom seating this year and added more seating but still have a liveewell. I also looked at the mako and found the sea hiunt to be more refined and had a better hull shape for offshore use. The Mako didnt have the flare that nSea Ahunt does, and this flare definitely helps keep you dry. Now we have gotten wet but only in close bay chop when there was a lot of wind blowing when we hit waves without wind all the spray goes away from the boat.

Plus the sea hunt was cheaper and seemed more refined than the Mako.

Wotam

Petty Officer 2nd Class

"Since I live in the Caribbean, the weather can get ugly very quickly, and I just want to make sure my friends and family are as safe as my budget allows it."

If that's your priority, then I'd get a boat with a closed or fully-decked bow, especially a traditional design that will shed water over the side rather than dump it to the back deck.

How about something like this?

http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/marine_classifieds/view_photos.cgi?ad_id=303365&img=

Offroader

Cadet

Like I said, what I want is a seaworthy boat disguised as a bowrider.

The Mako fits perfectly.

Besides, it?s so hot in the caribbean, that the cuddy cabin would become a sauna in this weather.

"Since I live in the Caribbean, the weather can get ugly very quickly, and I just want to make sure my friends and family are as safe as my budget allows it."

If that's your priority, then I'd get a boat with a closed or fully-decked bow, especially a traditional design that will shed water over the side rather than dump it to the back deck.

How about something like this?

http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/marine_classifieds/view_photos.cgi?ad_id=303365&img=

RedsFearMe

Recruit

I've captained many different boats. You're not going to be happy with the Mako in rough seas. The Scout is a great handling boat. The Grady and Whaler are the kings and the price shows. I chose the Hydra Sport DC it handles incredible in rough seas. I take a 20' offshore 100 miles without fear of too much. Remember, if you can't swim 1 mile, you can't swim a 100 miles either. The 2008 models have the same hull style other than being machine laid rather than hand laid. They have a very sporty appearance, sound systems are top of the line also. Best idea yet for the live well, they make great coolers for the drinks. Don't forget a potty for the ladies that don't want to hang it off the side.:)