Seat Cleaner

phipps

Petty Officer 1st Class
I put new seats on our pontoon boat earlier this summer. I am looking for something to clean/protect the seats. I have heard of 303 cleaner, but can't find it locally. Is there anything I can pick up at Wal Mart that would be safe?

wylie125

Recruit
Re: Seat Cleaner

Ive used the 3M marine vinyl cleaner/protector from wallyworld, it has some UV inhibitors in it, seemed like it did the job. Look for it in the boating/fishing section, but if you want the best get the 303 somehow.

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I ordered the 303 protectant over the internet as it is not easy to find. It works really well and I would recommend it.
Use Fantastic to clean the vinyl seats, that's what is recommended in my Godfrey manual and it works great.
When you put the 303 on you can then clean the seats with spray water as the dirt wipes right off and you won't need a cleaner.

Ken

BeaufortTJustice

Petty Officer 1st Class

I use the 3M protector/restorer mentioned above...seems to do well at preventing dirt and stains from setting in, but doesn't seem to do well removing dirt and stain already present. I have some white vinyl areas that have some stubborn stains that came with the boat that 3M just won't touch them (could just be that nothing will touch the stain, no matter the brand or type).

I have used 3M automotive products (on my cars) in the past and have always been pleased with their products. Seem to be a solid company that makes decent products.

Hope this helps...