Seat building

wsr3

Cadet
I'm finally ready to start back on the Glasspar, something about children, jobs, old house to maintain and a craigslist problem,(wow, thats kind of cool, it's cheap, I can fix it), seem to prevent me from getting things finished. Anyways I gutted the interior, re glassed the floor, painted inside and rebuilt the side and rear panels with stained and varnished hardwood ply. I now want to build a back to back bench seat with storage underneath for a fuel tank. This is a Marathon, so space is very limited and this will give more seating and get the tank out of the way. I want to make a plywood box as the base and need to know what is the best way to make templates to cut the bottom of the ply to match the contour of the floor and have the top of the box level.
Thanks,
Bill

MountaineerMiner

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Seat building

Do you have any pics?

For a template I would go with cardboard or posterboard. Im guessing the floor is not flat?

wsr3

Cadet

No, not only from side to side, but front to back also. I'm not sure how to transfer the contour of the floor to the cardboard.
Bill

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

Use a compass scrib on one end and pencil on the other and then trace onto cardboard at the required height.