Sears Robuck Serial Decoder

bottlecap

Recruit
Hello all. I was given a 4hp outboard or atleast i was told it was 4hp lol. I am having a problem decoding the serial to figure out what year and actual HP it is. The tag shows me 2 sets of #'s one being T-63-9-10A and the other is 6340210. I also found a # on the lower part that read 12725. Hopefully this will make sense to someone. It does have a top mounted fuel tank but can also run off an external tank. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated from those of you who have more knowledge on these motors then I do.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I'm old, Im a mechanic that reads manuals, I research things before ever posting, and Sears never made anything. They private label things, but never made anything

Your sears gamefisher is an eska outboard with a techumseh power head derived from their lawnmower motors

bottlecap

Recruit
I'm old, Im a mechanic that reads manuals, I research things before ever posting, and Sears never made anything. They private label things, but never made anything

Your sears gamefisher is an eska outboard with a techumseh power head derived from their lawnmower motors
Great information and much appreciated. I tried to research what little I knew with the #s I had from the outboard. Glad to see there are still grumpy old men around to help.

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade

brim_buster

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Look for a metal tag on the transom. Might have a 217- with some more numbers. Post a picture that helps. The power head tag will have an AV-# that tells what power head was used and what HP. Im gonna send you a private message.