Searching for a Chris Craft Lancer 60s?70s

mobilexile

Recruit
Buyer with cash in hand looking for a Chris Craft Lancer from the 60s ? 70s. Ideally the boat would have the following specs:

? Straight Inboard
? Cuddy
? Trailer
? Ready to float condition
? 23' in length

I'm open to deviations from this laundry list. If the upholestry / carpet is in need of replacement that's no problem.

Live in MN and am willing to travel cross country for the right boat.

If you have such a boat, or if you know of any, please PM me.

Thank you.

rinkerdan

Recruit
Re: Searching for a Chris Craft Lancer 60s?70s

I have a Lancer myself, a '73 cuddy, 307 chevy i/0, Volvo Penta 270 Outdrive. The boat has its original gel coat and paint on the outdrive, very limited hours (less than 500) and has never seen salt water. Needs a new engine block :-( The block has a crack in the return side from repeated and improper winterization of 1st owner in Mich. Up until the motor quit it ran like a champ with the new high output coil I put in it. Boat is still nice though. Let me know if that is of any interest to you. Theres also another lancer down the steeet, a '71 I believe, same situation. Has a trailer.

Dan

Mats Linden

Recruit

Hallo Dan!
interested to know more about the 23 Lancers you have!
Price and pics please!
Best regards!
Mats L
+46708625625

ssteinle

Recruit

I have a 1978 lancer with a GM 350 strait inboard. All fiberglass inside and out. It is a fresh water boat. It runs perfict and everything works. I would be looking for about 11k for the boat and trailer. If you are intrested email me at sas@steinlegm.com

mcquists

Recruit

I am the proud owner of a 78 23 ft Chris Craft Lancer excellent condition, kept in Michigan fresh water for its entire lifespan, runs great, $2000 in repairs last year, however, the motor for the outdrive sluggish.

Last edited:

Rharvey

Recruit

I own a 1973 23.5' lancer. It is a straight inboard. I believe the engine is original but I'm not sure. It runs fine. It is fresh water cooled. The heat exchangers have been replaced, it has two new batteries. The hull is deep blue and in very good condition. (it had been stored indoors for over 10 years before I bought it in 2001).

New teak gunnals (sp?) and a teak swim platform were added. It has a bimini and moring cover but the canvass needs to be replaced.

I don't have a trailer for it and it is located in CT. Let me know if you want me to send photos. I'm eager to sell it because I just don't use it enough.

pat lyons

Recruit

Are you still looking for a 60's-70's chris craft?

dplazesk

Recruit

I have a 1972 23' inboard No trailer but have 5 jackstands.

Boat has original engine made for Chris Craft. it has 235HP and replaced mechanical fuel pump, crab rebuilt, and new crab bowl installed. Also, have a major done on engine. Strong running.

Had the cylinders pressure tested and all even strong. Have results.

Hull is still original white Gelcoat.

This boat is more original then any I have seen listed.

Her is the website http://www.classicchriscraftlancers.com/ it is on the homepage and and under my 1972 in the left hand column.

As you can see, almost everything is original. Before I list everything done I will wait to hear if you are interested.i

Cheers

danielf4247

Recruit

I own a 1973 23.5' lancer. It is a straight inboard. I believe the engine is original but I'm not sure. It runs fine. It is fresh water cooled. The heat exchangers have been replaced, it has two new batteries. The hull is deep blue and in very good condition. (it had been stored indoors for over 10 years before I bought it in 2001).

New teak gunnals (sp?) and a teak swim platform were added. It has a bimini and moring cover but the canvass needs to be replaced.

I don't have a trailer for it and it is located in CT. Let me know if you want me to send photos. I'm eager to sell it because I just don't use it enough.

hi i interested in buying the boat have my own trailer please e-mail price and pictures thank you dan farrell e-mail teemi75@yahoo.com

JimmyC62

Recruit

i own a 1977 23' chris craft lancer 350ci fwcchevy straight inboard white imron paint hull custom aluminum top dual axle trailer.i'm interested in selling it. email jcoppola62@verizon.net

coley4

Recruit

1974 CHRIS CRAFT LANCER ?RALLY? MODEL LIMITED EDITION

In the 1970?s, Chris Craft produced a series of runabouts based on a 24 degree deep-V laid up hull with generous amounts of fiberglass and resin. The ?Rally? line was a limited edition ?Sport? version offered with naugahyde upholstery in either dark blue or deep orange striped color scheme.

This Lancer has only had 3 owners?the original owner took delivery in the lake district of New York State. The second owner was the manager of the town dock in Havre de Grace, MD, and home port for the current owner is Hack?s Point, MD. The hull is in great condition and has never been painted. The current owner has purchased a bigger boat, so the Chris Craft must go.

This boat is as original as they come these days, except for a new 350ci Chevy marine engine installed in the winter of 2007-08 with only about 12 hours on it to date. It runs beautifully. The engine was installed by Skip Bolinger of Outstanding Marine in Cecilton, MD. Skip has also kept the original Volvo 270 outdrive in top shape. Outstanding Marine is arguably the best Volvo shop on the Bay.

Last year, the original galvanized steel fuel tank was replaced with a similar shaped custom-fabricated aluminum tank with white epoxy coating. The tank was built by SP Tanks of Tom?s River, NJ, and complies with all Coast Guard regulations. Again, the installation was performed by Outstanding Marine. In 2006, a custom blue Sunbrella bimini was created by Ron and Karen Butler in Rock Hall, MD. The original was too low to stand under. Ronnie also recovered the rear bench seat over the engine box.

All in all, it is a true classic deep-V Chris Craft runabout that is fun to use, uncomplicated and easy on fuel. I have over $17,000 invested in it, but am asking $11,500.

For more information, please contact Coley duPont at 302-658-9993 or coley@a-b-c.com

E-mail me for great pictures...couldn't figure how to make them small enough to upload here!

danielf4247

Recruit

hi im interested call if availible 516 238 8696

kgreenfield

Recruit

I know your add has been posted for sometime now however I have the boat your are looking for. 1972 Chris Craft Lancer with 289 inboard. All new interior and glass in excellent shape. Thanks, 405 990 1858