Seafoam "deep-creep" Ever get a lungfull of it?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
I just rebuilt my baby Merc7.5, and was using "deep Creep" spray to prelube and prime it with. I had some carb probs from it sitting so long, so it took about 5 minutes of run-time to get the needle unstuck.<br />Long story short, I breathed that exaust all that time, and I literally FEEL it. It feels like I chain-smoked a pack of cigarettes.<br />Should I be concerned about long-term effects from this?<br />The label carries the standard, "Keep this product out of reach of children and morons" rap on it, but ---<br />It's not that it hurts or anything. But I feel it.<br />Sidenote: Man, that stuff werks great!! It's good for decarbing, fogging, and the best part, as a starting fluid for stuburn baby mercs.<br />But it smokes-up the whole hood in the process.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Seafoam "deep-creep" Ever get a lungfull of it?

12Footer, I'm sure that somewhere on that there can says something like use in a well ventilated area? Gotta be careful. I learned that if you smoke cigaretts in a room where refrigerant has leaked, it will make you sick. Can be fatal as well. It is the fumes from after it has burnt that becomes toxic.<br /><br />Hopefully some fresh air will help. Cranberry or blueberry juice is good to help clear toxins out of you body as well. Good luck buddy, hope things get better for you.

ebbtide176

Commander

yeah, good luck there, 12'r. you gotta remember, you cannot suck in toxic fumes as a side job ;)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Maybe it'll clean ya out?... :p j/k

bubbakat

Captain

12er I just have to ask. Are you starting on the first cough now or do you still have to choke :D <br /><br />On a side note now. I have inhaled a huff or two of that stuff and have had no side effects so far. <br />I am about old enough now though iffin I died they wouldn't even question it. :eek:

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

LOL @ 12 footer. After all that advise you have given on the chrysler forum you finally did it yourself. (Decarb often). Just remember to change the plugs because they get pretty fouled after a good de carb.<br /><br />And bubba. Your post does explain a lot. You might want to cut down on the de carb spray before your wife starts getting worried. :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Y'all are too much man. :D <br />Well, thanks for all the good advice. I'm feeling mucho better this mornin (good enough to be getting ready for my day-job), but I can STILL smell seafoam.<br />And yes, Eurolarva, I've decarbed many a Force outboard. But never used that stuff (deep creep), and have never had to stand-over it before, for 5 or more minutes, while it gassed everyone else on the river. :) <br />That Seafoam is pretty good $**t...I'm still seeing "trails", man. Seriously tho, it does a number on carbon, just like ValvTect does, but this Deepcreep also takes the place of the old WD40 we used to use to start outboards with (until they changed the formula).<br />But it smokes just like ValveTect :( <br />Like I stated, I feel much better this A.M.....But I got a powerful urge to grab-hold of the transom of my boat,and push it around the 'hood. :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Never tried the stuff, internally!!! Had a rather delightful experience with Engine cleaner a few years ago. Did wonders for my complexion, and nose hairs. Couldn't loose that stink for days. Now I know what the little arrow is for.

Twidget

Commander

Now I know what the little arrow is for
*insert Fort Wayne joke here* Sorry NYM, I couldnt resist after the Ft Wayne thread. ;)

Homerr

Commander

Be careful there 12footer... those chemicals can literally burn your lungs.<br /><br />A similar thing happened to my wife when a person (edited for content :mad: ) moved in next to us and opened up a 'backyard' body-shop.<br /><br />The paint fumes drifted our direction one day and the wife got a good dose of it... So bad in fact... it scarred her lungs. The X-rays looked like a person that had been smoking all their life (She hasn't smoked a day in her life)<br /><br />Needless to say, that person didn't have a shop very long... :eek: :mad: <br /><br />If you hurt when you breathe, don't take the risk. Go get an x-ray and have the Dr. take a peek.<br /><br />And then maybe open yourself up full-throttle to blow out the cylinders! :) <br /><br />H.