Seacast Transom Pour

joseph L

Seaman
hi guys,

I finally started the transom pour. I cut out all the rotted wood in the transom, which was the hardest part. I filled a 30 gallon can of the rotted wood. I had 2 buckets of 5 gallon seacast which they said would be enough, but it wasn't. I had 6 inches left to pour in transom and ran out. I had to order another 5 gallon bucket. It finally came a week later and I finished the pour. Then I capped the top with fiberglass and did fiberglass work on the transom. Tomorrow I will be sanding all day till a fine finish. Then I will have to paint the transom. I am going to make 2 tackle boxes
to close the back of the transom. The project cost me $1,000.00 and it was well worth it. The transom is rock solid. I hope to get it done soon before the bass run next month. I will be posting some pictures of the project.

P.S. I have a video of the pour but do not know how to post it. Can anyone
tell me how?

Thanks for all the help. http://www.shareaproject.com/projectThumbs.php?p=462

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Seacast Transom Pour

post it to photobucket or myspace, then insert a link to it in the forum.

joseph L

Seaman

having trouble posting video on photobucket and I would like to know how to post it on this site

GregE

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Try to upload to Youtube.com. Probably easier to figure out.

joseph L

Seaman

having trouble posting a video on shoreaproject or photobucker like to know how to post it on this site

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

You do not post an image directly here. You link to here from Photobucket or simular service. I find Photobucket rather easy if you take the time to read the directions. When you have your photos posted there, copy the IMG entry and post it here.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Yea id love to see the video as i havent seen one of a seacast pour. Lots of pics but id like to see the consistancy of it. I think you can only see that when its being poured. If you get it up to photobucket let us see.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Seacast is definitely good stuff. I used it on mine, and although I've done everything I could possibly do to screw up my transom job, with a little more work, it'll all work out fine.

tommays

Admiral

The wide wood funnel was a GREAT idea for helping to get the material in ;)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you can up load to a free service like photobucket.com then you choose the pictures you want( clik the little box at the bottom left of the picture) scrool to the bottom of the page, clik generate html, it will take you to the next page, scroll down to thumb nails clik on that and copy, then insert it into your post.

also if you are planing on posting pictures, you can use the Blue post reply or the go advanced, manage attachments, there you can upload , directly from your computer. besure you pictures have been resized to fit the format.

joseph L

Seaman

I uploaded the video on photobucket.com but after it loaded I cannot find the video. They told me to click on generate html and thumb nails but I can't find the video there. I copied it and posted it and this is what I got