Seacast transom an floor kits

Calebbrown77

Seaman
Has anyone ever used these an I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out if it would workbon my 86 bayliner? Thanks

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Seacast transom an floor kits

Have you priced that stuff?

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

There several cheaper ways.

Calebbrown77

Seaman

Well I was going to do plywoo but I do not want to deal with rot ever again!! Is there any others please share

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to iBoats!

Composite material for boat building tends to be a bit pricey. However if you are leaning that direction check out these.
Coosa Board, SeaCast, NidaBond, Arjay.

Remember this. Properly prepared Marine or Exterior Grade plywood will last 30+ years in a marine environment if properly maintained. It is less than 1/2 the cost.

Will you have this boat that long??:confused:

Coho Ghost

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Cale,

Check out NIDA core pourable ceramic transom compound. It is way cheaper than Secast and very easy to work with. They have a web site, and great tech support. The down side of any of the pourable transom materials is the cost of shipping. I did a NIDA transom on the fishing skiff, the product cost $132.00 for 5 gallons and $88.00 to ship up from Florida up to Washington state. If you are close to Florida it should reduce the shipping.

Regards,

Coho Ghost

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

The Coosa Board that Woodonglass mentioned is really good stuff, no need to glass the back side of it when using for a deck, the only drawback is price, but it will out live you.

Calebbrown77

Seaman

I was astonished today when I pulled my outdrive an saw that my transom had no rot was really suprisig considering the area around the batterie box but I came to find out it was because of foam under there so now moving to more just floor what do you think woul be best?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

CB,

If I were you I would still drill some exploratory holes on the inside of the transom, in various locations, unless you ar 100% convinced that the transom is sound. Using a 3/8" bit drill in about 3/4" deep and see what kind of shavings you get. If they're light tan and dry in all of the places you drill then you're golden. If not then you need to re-evaluate. You never did say what made you think your transom needed replacing but obviously there was something causing you concern.

Calebbrown77

Seaman

Thermos all I will do the drilling tomorrow hopefully but the reason I thought transom was bad is because of the wood in that area but it seams the transom was sealed very good an had no leaks that way but all rot came from rain an sittin in the foam!
But after I check the transom an is ok how does re pourable stuff work on floors? Or should I just stick to fiber glassing the crap out of ply

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

If you are talking about Seacast for your stringers... It works GREAT!