Seacast - has anyone used it with missing inner glass on transom repair?

mikemartyo

Seaman Apprentice
one question about seacast - i just bought a boat with a great 85 hp johnson and a bad transom<br />the previous moron/owner put 2x6 lumber in and out sandwiching the transom - it is VERY strong, doesnt leak but is ugly.<br />how can i use the seacast with no inner fiberglass? can i make an inner mold? then use glass to adhere the seacast to the inside of the boat?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: Seacast - has anyone used it with missing inner glass on transom repair?

Mike,<br />Sorry to hear about your transom woes. Did you go to the seacast website? I would email them about your ideas. They know the product better than anyone.<br /><br />Otherwise, it sounds like a good idea to make an inner panel out of fiberglass. I don't believe Seacast sticks to wood well, just fiberglass.<br /><br />Mark

mikemartyo

Seaman Apprentice

yeah, i will not have any trouble getting the wood out, i will just have to remove the engine and the "reinforcing" 2x6 lumber.<br />it runs like a champ since i have replaced the stator.<br />i have to rebuild the wood in the front holding up the bow console - they used flakeboard and wrapped it in vinyl. i have bags of mulch hanging from the dashboard and the windshield will not close.<br />the boat '77 crestliner apollo 660 - 16 foot.<br />i will post pictures when i can figure out how.

zzub

Seaman Apprentice

Seacast Has instructions on How to do what uour asking about, Go to ther web page & ask alot of question they are very helpfull