FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Fortunately I have not needed to use my PDF's since I bought my sailboat, but today, while a routine checkup, I found that two of them have their plastic zippers stuck with sea salt. Any idea on how to soften these crusts?<br /><br />Thanks,
After they're clean and dry, rub them down with some bowstring wax. You can get it in any archery section [Walmart, etc]. It's not sticky or greasy and lasts pretty well. MUCH easier to zip.