Sea/Lake Food

alldodge

Staff member
Bought some fresh salmon today at kroger today on special due to the sale by date of 12/13. Two full sides for 24 each, at 4 lb so $6 a lb

BWR1953

Admiral
Sounds like a good price.

I've never been fond of salmon/trout, etc. I prefer white, flaky fish. Always have. I'll eat salmon if that's all there is though. My wife loves salmon and buys it pretty much every week. The boy likes it too.

Freshwater fish suit me more. Walleye (I wish), bass, bluegill, crappie, catfish and so on.

The best saltwater fish I've tasted is Cobia. Great stuff! I really like Snook too. I've also had sheepshead, black drum, redfish and others. Plus the store bought stuff like Cod. All good.

alldodge

Staff member
I like white fish a lot, just about only thing I find in the store is tilapia and that's just not worth it. If I take fishing back up I can get plenty of blue gill, bass and others

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Whitefish is excellent cooked or smoked. The wife likes tilapia, to me it tastes like mud. Cod is really good too, imo...

BWR1953

Admiral
Yeah, I don't like Tilapia either. Muddy taste to me. :sick:

My daughter caught this nice Tilapia on an artificial bait... 23 years ago! Man, I'm old. :sneaky:

Tilapia 2000.jpg

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Tilapia on the grill takes care of any mushiness

aspeck

Staff member
Not a fan of tilapia ... that fish is soft and has no flavor at all.

But the lake trout I had last week ... OMG was it delicious!

Cut the fillets into strips, dredged them in butter and coated them in a mixture of club cracker crumbs, finely chopped almond, garlic, salt, and pepper, and fried them in a pan coated in olive oil. Yum!

(My brother and I caught 17, this being the largest. We lost 3 and kept the 5 smallest ones, which fed 21 people ... 6 of which were kids under the age of 11!)
1702215166204.jpeg

FLATHEAD

Captain
Not a fan of tilapia ... that fish is soft and has no flavor at all.

But the lake trout I had last week ... OMG was it delicious!

Cut the fillets into strips, dredged them in butter and coated them in a mixture of club cracker crumbs, finely chopped almond, garlic, salt, and pepper, and fried them in a pan coated in olive oil. Yum!

(My brother and I caught 17, this being the largest. We lost 3 and kept the 5 smallest ones, which fed 21 people ... 6 of which were kids under the age of 11!)
View attachment 392510
Did not know Raystown had lakers.
Sounds delicious.