Sea King 5 Outboard motor

TechSgt

Cadet
So I was told by a few of my fellow co workers who own boats that in order for me to fish the Susquehanna river near me I will DEFINITELY need an outboard due to the river current. So when I was given my boat, It came with a 34lb thurst minn kota and a Sea King 5 outboard. The outboard is rated at 5hp but was wondering if its even worth sourcing parts to fix. From what ive read online these models range in dates from the 1950s. So hence my questions. Is it worth fixing or should I bite the bullet and look for something more in my price range. Im not rich and definitely cant buy a $3000 outboard thats not even in the cards.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Post a picture of the motor.-----If it is similar to a Johnson then parts are easy to find.

TechSgt

Cadet
Post a picture of the motor.-----If it is similar to a Johnson then parts are easy to find.
When I pick it up today I will snap a few photos of it. It was made for Montgomery Ward by OMC. This is what ive learned reading about them. Unfortunately I Im still waiting for tires for the trailer to get it home. Nobody local had tires on wheels or even just tires. Plus nobody local wanted to mount small boat tires.

TechSgt

Cadet
This is a picture of the motor. I had nothing to prop it up against to get a more clear photo.

Attachments

• seaking5hpoutboard.jpg
    seaking5hpoutboard.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5