Sea Fox 256 CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonfly 200

Seaman Apprentice
I?ve been shopping around for the last six months to see what was available in an affordable 25ft. Center console for inshore fishing off the Carolina coast. I have looked and compared a lot of different models and have tried to find reviews on the different models. I have found that some of these reviews don?t always appear to be based on facts from actual owners and sometimes appears to bash some manufactures. I use to work at a Bayliner Marine facility where we built the 45ft motor yacht, two different 28 footers and 34 footer. I was, at the time NMMA certified in fuel systems, steering systems and electrical systems. All the models we built were very well built boats that I would not think twice about setting sail in. I first worked in the lamination dept. and later moved up to the position of Pool Test supervisor, where every system was tested and quality control was assured. All hardware was high quality stainless. I will admit the gel coat did not appear to weather very well over time. But they were very good and affordable. I recently attended a local boat show where I looked, in person at the Sea Fox 256 CC. I had read many negative reviews about this manufacture. While I was on board the 256 I was able to open the hatches and check the cleats for backing plates and inspect the wiring. I spent a lot of time on this boat and checked everything I could. If Sea Fox had issues in the past, they have listened and made corrections. I found no issues. There is higher quality built boats out there if you have money to burn, 6 figures to burn, But I just can?t see it. The Sea Fox was just what I was looking for and has a lifetime hull warranty. Unfortunately it will be another six months before I will be in a position to make a purchase.
Dragonfly 200

Status
Not open for further replies.