Sea Foam?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Sea Foam?

Moving to Outboard Non-Repair Discussions.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Solvent, oil, and alcohol mixture.<br /><br />Alcohol stabilizes your gas, oil protects the inside of the motor, solvent removes some buildup in the fuel system, and carbon buildup on the rings and in the cylinders.<br /><br />This allows the rings to seal against the cylinder wall and gives you better compression, resulting in better combustion and more power.<br /><br />Read this: <br /><br /> Click - Decarbing with Seafoam.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Sea foam is about the best all around decarb and fuel system cleaner in the world.Just my opinion.It is the best $6.99 you can spend.Charlie

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Curious as to why its sold at NAPA, but I don't seem to see it anywhere else?

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

I dont know either.It could be that they are the only ones that carry the good stuff.Napa carries a lot of hard to find things and a decent supply of marine parts as well.Charlie

sangerwaker

Commander

None of the regular auto parts places by me carry it either. I try not to buy marine products at marine stores if possible as they always seem to charge you more for "marine applications" :p . I found it at a higher end auto store similar to a NAPA. No NAPA's real close to me like the others. I think it ws 3.99 or 4.99...can't remember...too many lost brain cells :confused: .

jheron

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just sent them an e-mail and they told me where to find it in my area:<br /><br /><br />Jon We sell the product through CARQUEST in Kitchener,King St. branch phone<br />#519/743-3664 or Victoria St. phone# 519/578-4460.<br />Thanks for the interest and good luck.<br />Regards Paul Durkin<br />----- Original Message ----- <br />From: "CUSTOMERSERVICE" <customerservice@seafoamsales.com><br />To: <Osker-Enterprises-Inc@rogers.com><br />Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 10:48 AM<br />Subject: Fw: sea foam<br /><br /><br />><br />> ----- Original Message ----- <br />> From: "Jonny" <************XX><br />> To: <CustomerService@seafoamsales.com><br />> Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 9:48 PM<br />> Subject: sea foam<br />><br />><br /><br />> > Hi, I live in Kitchener Ontario Canada and would love to try some of<br />> > your seafoam engine treatment on my 1976 115hp merc. but I am not sure<br />> > where to purchase in my area please let me know :) <br />> > Sincerely Jon Heron

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

According to the Seafoam website, their products are carried by All Pro, Auto Value, Big A Auto Parts, Bumper to Bumper, CARQUEST Auto Parts, Midway Auto Supply, NAPA Auto Parts, O'Reilly Auto Parts, Parts Plus, and Pronto Auto Parts. It also says that their products are carried by many independent auato parts stores. It's also carried by iboats.com.

gss036

Commander

I think you see it at the auto parts store because so many mechanics and individuals use it in auto engines. You can find posts all over the boards about using something to get SeaFoam into a vaccum line to get it sucked into the engine. I think the most popular thing is to use the PVC line. You have to be real careful with the new fuel injection systems, do not spray anything into them if you don't know what you are doing you can cost yourself a lot of money in a hurry. I think Chevron Techron additive works about as good as anything for the fuel problems.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Will check Autozone in town, then Carquest, and the new Napa should be open soon. Then over to CSK (Schucks) and ask what gives?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I thought you could get it EVERYWHERE.<br /><br />I live in a town of 4500 people and can get it at <br />NAPA, CHecker Auto, Carquest, hardware store, and farm store (the man's mall) <br /><br />But only NAPA stocks the DeepCreep aerosol version of SeaFoam.

lmoreau

Seaman

Techron is not advised for 2-stroke engines, according to the package...

gss036

Commander

Lee, the Chevron Techron label says not recommended for "AIR COOLED" engines. Outboards are not air cooled, they are water cooled. 2 stroke motorycles are air cooled, chain saws, weed eaters, etc. Nor sure why they say not recommended, must be a heat factor. There are several discussions around about not using TCW oils in the same type motors "air cooled", something to do with the ash content. My Husky chain saw manual says not to use TCW oil made for water cooled engines? Who knows for sure??

2cycle

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've also seen it sold at Advance Auto Parts if there happens to be one in the area.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by gss036:<br /> Lee, the Chevron Techron label says not recommended for "AIR COOLED" engines. Outboards are not air cooled, they are water cooled
Bought some (not concentrate) at CostCo today for the Van...noticed the "Not for air cooled 2 strokes" in the checkout line.<br />Beats the hell out of me...I will email them.