sea ark customer service is awesome

thomascw

Cadet
I bought a used '05 1860 vpld dual console last spring. I'm very happy with the boat,built like a tank. The only thing I didn't like about it was, it leaked fuel from the fuel vent with any lean to the left. I thought it was just me overfilling the midmount tank at first, but it did not matter how much fuel was in the tank. I called Sea ark (located in my home state of AR) to see if they had heard of this before. I told them this wasn't a warranty issue at all since I bought the boat second hand. Not only did they tell me they had had problems with the tank mfr, and had changed to a different supplier , they told me they would send me a kit to fix it free. Not only that ,they called back later to get my hin to make sure they sent the correct kit.
I know they just did the right thing, but I've dealt with enough people to know that this just isn't the norm anymore.

Tom

CRETE4U

Cadet
Re: sea ark customer service is awesome

Thanks for sharing that. I love my boat too. 2072MV:)

thomascw

Cadet
Re: sea ark customer service is awesome

crete4u, the only thing I would have done different was go bigger( like your boat). Although truthfully my boat feels very stable with 4 full grown men running trot lines . btw ,I just received my kit last night. turns out my boat was the first of that type (1860 vpld) they had heard this complaint from. anyway,it's just a new fuel cowling with a different fuel cap/vent. even painted to match my boat. I do have one complaint with my boat, it seems to swamp from transom when stopping quickly with a big wake. anyone have a cure, besides slowing down gradually?

Tom