Se 300 hydrofoil removal

demolish50

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alrighty got another question. This Boat of mine has an SE 300 hydrofoil on it that I would like to remove. The question is, there will be 4 holes on the anti-venilation plate after I remove it. I'm not sure if they were there or if someone "made" them. Do I need to fill these in? If so how?

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Se 300 hydrofoil removal

I would run the boat first before you fill the holes to make sure it does what you want it too.
Took mine off once just to see what diffence it made and put it back on as soon as I got home, on my boat you had to go alot faster to plane and it was actually slower.
If you do fill the holes I think I would got with some carefully applied JB weld,sand and bit of touch up paint.
Stick tape under the hole so the JB doesn't run out, works pretty good.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

The holes don't have to be filled but it looks bad if they aren't. Put some masking tape on the bottom of the hole and fill the hole with epoxy. Touch up with matching paint.

demolish50

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The holes don't have to be filled but it looks bad if they aren't. Put some masking tape on the bottom of the hole and fill the hole with epoxy. Touch up with matching paint.

Perfect, thanks. Easy enough.

I'll run it first without the foil and see how I like it. It seems to give me problems at high speed turns.

Hey Silvertip, I went ahead and got another prop. I managed to get 4100 WOT with that SS prop, I learned though the SS prop has a he!! of a cup on it. I was told this is why I'm not getting 4400-4500. I spoke with someone at iboats, and they confirmed this. (of course I have no idea if they had any idea what they were talking about) But it made sense to me too so I ordered another one, same pitch and diameter, just no cup and not SS. I'l go back to SS with no cup I suppose if this works.